Howdy

Status
Not open for further replies.

davejones

New User
Dave
Just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is David Jones and I have lived in NC for about 2 years now. I moved here from California, by way of Kentucky and Indiana. I am brand new to woodworking!!! I would like to learn to make some nice furniture pieces for my home.

I had an oak tree come down in my yard last summer and had it sawn recently (currently drying in my garage). I am planning a couple of projects with the lumber. The first will be a built in bookcase for a nook in our bonus room.

I am looking forward to using the site and getting to know some of the other members. Seems like a great place for a newbie to get some good advice. :gar-Bi

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome, Dave. You'll enjoy this site. Lot's of knowledgeable folks here that can answer any question. Jump right in, post some pics, and don't be shy. :wsmile:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Dave, it's great to have you join us. Awesome name BTW. I look forward to your input in the forums, and seeing what you make out of that tree.
Do you keep your locker in your shop?? :lol::lol::lol:

Dave:)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome Dave,

We are all in need of some sort of help (me - probably more than most), so feel free to add, or join in on, any posts. We're a friendly bunch, so don't be afraid to ask for help or put your two cents in.

Jimmy:)

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Welcome to the group Dave!!! It's great to have you with us. If you're looking for free advice, you've come to the right place. If you're looking for good advice, well........ ;-).

Just kidding, we have that here too :icon_bigg. Jump right in and ask, you'll be pleasantly surprised how many folks are willing to help out :icon_thum.

J

jeff...

Welcome Dave - BEWARE of that tree bug, next thing you know you won't be waiting for them to come down by themself - you'll be helping them a little bit... :bom:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to our Merry Band Of NC Woodworkers!!!:icon_thum:eusa_danc:eusa_clap

Sounds like you already have a "Diamond In The Rough" with all of that fine oak! Great wood! Invest in a moisture meter (if you haven't already) and start making a fine project as soon as it reaches 6-8% MC! And....when you start, don't forget to post some pictures in your gallery.

There is plenty of experience and great advice here that I am sure will point you in the right direction!

Jump in, post often and have fun with this bunch!:wsmile::wsmile:

Wayne

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
This is the BEST WW'ing site on the net!

WELCOME! and don't forget the pictures...we all LOVE pictures!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Dave, welcome to NCWW! :hal:
This is definitely a great place to get advice, be it on woodworking, mental health, tools or BBQ. Some of it may actually be useful!

As mentioned before, we love pictures - your shop, projects, tools, family, pets, trees fallen down, trees you're thinking about making fall down, etc. :icon_bigg

mcoston2

New User
michael
Welcome to the site. There is a bunch of knowledge here from the guy's and gal's. Hope you enjoy.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Dave,

Let me add another "Welcome!" the our pile-o-sawdust. How much wood did you get out of the tree from your yard? We're all looking forward to photos of the bookcase(s) you build from it.

Ray

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Welcome to he site Dave there are truly a great group of folks here and allways wiling to share some knowlege and advice. Still feeling very much a rookie myself.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer Dave :thumbsup:
That's some fine looking oak and a nice looking dog!

Cheers,
Roger

jerrye

New User
Jerry
You don't have a very wet locker, do you?:eusa_thin:no:

Welcome to the asylum! The one where the inmates run the place!:gar-Bi

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome to NCWW Dave. The folks on here will steer you in the right direction. Glad you could join us in our sawdust endeavor.

Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS