Howdy from VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipper

New User
Steve
Hello from Smithfield, VA. What a great site for regional woodworkers.
I hang out around the Belhaven/Pungo River area and the OBX. My shop is actually in Littleton, NC.
Steve Haley

kbcrafter

New User
Kevin
Welcome Steve,
You'll find this is the best ww site on the web. The people are very friend;y and have more combined knowledge than anywhere else.
If you have any pictures of your work, we'd love to see them
Kevin

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Welcome Steve to the NCWW site. :eusa_clapGlad to have you join us.:icon_thum
[mouse]
Pictures we like pictures.
[/mouse]

Danny

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Welcome to the group Steve. You'll find a lot of helpful folks here. We love photos, so let us see what you're working on ;-).

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome Steve,

We're glad that you enjoy the site. Fell free to jump in at anytime, Like they say " come on in the water's fine".

Jimmy:)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Steve,

Welcome to our pile-o-sawdust. It's always a pleasure to have another woodworker join us.

What kind of woodworking do you like to do? Have you been at this long? We'd love to see any photos of your shop or your projects.

Ray

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Welcome! Not only are the guys and gals great on the site, but they even like helping you out in person. This is truly the best site on the WWW!!

Chipper

New User
Steve
Hi Steve,

Welcome to our pile-o-sawdust. It's always a pleasure to have another woodworker join us.

What kind of woodworking do you like to do? Have you been at this long? We'd love to see any photos of your shop or your projects.

Ray
Furniture I guess. Mostly built house parts; cabinets, mouldings. Just started this wood flooring project and had to make the bull nose and thresholds.
P1010055 (Small).JPG
I may pull it up and burn it for heat if it gets any colder. :drunken_s
PC170001 (Small).JPG
I really need to make some oak entrance and passage doors but I don't know how. But I bet there is someone on here who can tell me.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Welcome!!

A bit of a drive from Littleton to Belhaven! There are a couple of us in the Washington area.

Over the past year I made some oak doors for my shop. I can't say I did them the correct way but they look nice, at least from a couple of feet away :):)

Shop entrance door in traditional rasied panel style

Trim-11.JPG

Shop office door- my interpretation of Arts & Crafts style:

OffDoor-10.JPG

Shop bathroom door- dry fitting panels and panel stiles before cutting rail tenons:

BathDoor-1.JPG

Finished bathroom door:

BathDoor-9.JPG

Chipper

New User
Steve
Hi Alan, I was down your way just last week. My brother has a farm along Free Union Church Rd. sorta near Bath. Your door work is just what I'm interested in. Mission style or Arts & Crafts. I like the pegged tenons on the office door. Man, you do nice work. Where di you get your cutters?

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCCWer Steve!
As you can see, there are lots of talented and sharing folks here. Be sure to stop by Alan's shop next time you are in the area. I visited him once prior to shop completion. I returned with thoughts of setting my own shop afire :lol:

Roger

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum Steve. You picked a great place to land. You said you have a place in Littleton. I live in Cary but I also have a place in the Littleton area. I plan to build and retire up there. ONE DAY. I am just off of 903 not far from the Food Kitty. Where are you?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Steve, I am glad that you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums.
Dave:)

Bryan S

Bryan
Welcome to the site Steve. There's a great group of folks here, ranging from the pretty talented with warm shops in the winter to the so-so (like me) with air conditioned shops in the winter, again like me :eusa_booh.

This is a great site and there's allways someone willing to share some knowlege or lend a hand.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Welcome Steve! Glad to have you here. I'm like Bryan shop heated in the summer and a/c in the winter.And for me just enough knowledge to get myself in trouble.And like has already been said ncwwer best darn wwing site on the web hands down!!!!!

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Hi Alan, I was down your way just last week. My brother has a farm along Free Union Church Rd. sorta near Bath. Your door work is just what I'm interested in. Mission style or Arts & Crafts. I like the pegged tenons on the office door. Man, you do nice work. Where di you get your cutters?

Thanks. Actually, the pegged tenons are fake- I stuck some square pieces of black vinyl on there to see how it would look, though I may add pegs someday. I didn't use any cutters, just table saw on the two A&C doors. I used standard cabinet bead, rail and stile bits on the main door- I took them apart, removed the slot cutter and just used the bead portion.

Stop by for a visit the next time you pass through Washington.

Steve W

New User
Steve
Welcome, Steve!

This is a great site full of great folks. The amount of collective experience on here is staggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS