How would I do this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkW

New User
Mark
This looks to me my next project.

275350.jpg

But as it will be my first time with something like this, I was wanting to get some thoughts from you guys.

I intend to do a frameless construction (a first for me) and pretty much all of it looks reasonable except the sides appear to be a framed panel which poses a problem on the bottom of the outside drawers. They appear to go across the side panel. Would you put a second skin inside the panel and then do the normal frameless drawer construction ?

On another note, I made a trip to Steve Wall's in Mayodan last weekend and was really impressed with his selection. I was able to pick up a couple hundred BF of walnut and mahogany so I hope to be set for building for awhile.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Oh my goodness, I have no advice for you but that is going to be a magnificent project! Good luck and much patience. Please give us a photo journal of the whole process.

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
I can tell you how this one is might be constructed if that will help. You have a top with a mitered moulding underneath. The three top drawers are divided by rails. You then have a panel that runs all the way accross the case in the middle. The three areas are divided by partitions that run from front to back. The end panels are framed with a front post, back post top and bottom rail and a mullion that the center panel will tenon into. The end panel is rabbed and you put a quarter inch panel in the bottom and glass in the top with quarter round to hold it it. That is a rail under the larger drawer with a corresponding back rail for the drawer runner. You would alos have a bottom panel that runs the full length and would sit behind the doors. I would make the base seperate with corner blocks for the turnings. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS