How to Uni-move a Uni-saw.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
For those who followed my stunning luck, I was still faced with getting this 1956 complete Delta Unisaw out of the bed of my pickup truck and into my shop.

Needless to say, I'm a stubborn so-and-so. :BangHead:

The move is more fully documented in the Photo Gallery Album, but here are some highlights.

P10100524.JPG

View image in gallery

This shows how one of the 2x12' fell flat. This worked great. The saw was still supported on 3 of the 4 corners. Dropping the second 2x12 was much easier.

My dog supervised the project from a reclined position. At no time did he appear concerned or, well, interested :dontknow:

Thanks,
Jim

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Good job!

I think your shop still has more open floor space than mine.

You know you could have requested help, RIGHT?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Fantastic job! Like Mike said, did you consider asking for help? You know, from someone who you recently helped move his shop? :rolf:

Now begins the fun part - cleanup and restoration.

M

McRabbet

Cool move, but why didn't you just back the truck up to the new ramp/porch on your shop and run it down the 2x12's? Oh, and you're right about dogs, they don't know the first thing about lifting anything but a leg...

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
I bet there were some interesting moments in between some of the snapshots! :gar-La;

You did good, the Uni looks like it has found its home. Nice toy. :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Also good to hear that "no animals were injured during the filming of this documentary".

Chuck

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I've been called many things, but never a millwright :)

Bas, be worried. Imagine the job when I do ask for help :elvis:

I gotta say, between the shots weren't really that bad. It took about 2 hours, but lots of that time was study and adaptation.

I'm unable to drive up to the shop due to the narrow gate. Its been on my long term todo list to widen the gate. I just needed to get the saw under cover before it rained.

Mike, maybe its time to have a "Remaining Floorspace" challenge! :widea:

Jim

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Now we know why it takes a little time to Program the site. You have to load it in the wagon first:rotflm::rotflm:.

Glennbear

Glenn
Now we know why it takes a little time to Program the site. You have to load it in the wagon first:rotflm::rotflm:.
Careful Tracy :eusa_naug Jim is not the only one who repurposes agricultural equipment for shop moves :wsmile:

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
It appears you cheated some...

by taking off the top. It is much more interesting with the additional top heavy weight.

What's next for the saw? Put into operation, or going through rehab?

davejones

New User
Dave
Amazing - I did the EXACT same thing to unload my saw!!! Truck bed to lawn cart to garage

Great minds think alike, or as I've always wondered do the opposite type of minds think alike too? :dontknow:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Great minds haul alike!

Next step for the saw, rehab. There is some rust on the tables, but nothing serious. The innerts could stand a good cleaning. Probably repaint where I can. Then, face the hardest decision.....

Do I build a new shop just for the saw?

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS