How to on making cubes for segmented turning

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
Some folks asked for a how to on making the cubes.
I made one and put it in the download library under turning.
Its in PDF fromat.
Now if someone will be kind enough to check it out and see if it understandable.

Thanks

cube18.jpg

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Earl I looked and I understand almost all except on the background piece hou do you get the angles for the cuts?

Thanks Mark

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Dang Earl,

That is very Detailed and well done~! Great How to.

I will have to try that~! Thanks for sharing~!

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
The angles are 30deg for them same as the other pieces.
Maybe I will have to redo it:elvis:
Nope I like it just the way it is. BTW this is a great how to. I was reading it at very early hours this may account for my confusion.

Thanks for sharing.:thumbs_up

Mark

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
Earl, how long does it take to make one of these (knowing full well I would take 2-3 times longer).

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
not long at all, I will make enough for a full ring and a couple extra, I can do them all in a full days work

jhreed

New User
james
Earl, can I get a blood transfusion from you? I would like to see if that would improve my patience.
James

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Earl, background pieces 3 & 6 show joint seam. Is this on purpose or is it one of those "shows on the pic, but not in person" things?
And thanks for taking the time to put this together.

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
Earl, background pieces 3 & 6 show joint seam. Is this on purpose or is it one of those "shows on the pic, but not in person" things?
And thanks for taking the time to put this together.

A perfect joint you would not be able to see, those are not a perfect joint :elvis:

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Earl,
How tall and thick are the segments I have the chart on some lengths for the different rings. but does the hight and thickness matter?

Thanks Mark

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
Earl,
How tall and thick are the segments I have the chart on some lengths for the different rings. but does the hight and thickness matter?

Thanks Mark

the height will be the hight of the finished ring.
Thickness does matter, it must be thick enough to make a finished ring with what ever wall thickness you want making a round ring from square pieces the larger the ring the thinner the pieces can be.
this one in the example is about 7/8" thick and would be about 2 1/2 " tall and wide, it would be ok in a ring 11' or more.
Hope you can understand that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS