How to find a member gallery?

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
danmart77 made the following comment in a post in Jeff's "Handcut dovetails" thread: "If you look in my gallery section under the toolbox photos you will see others."
Wanting to do exactly that, I have tried and failed.

I have found Member's Gallery section under Resources tab (or is it the Media tab?), but the way this is listed for me all I see is pictures (from any member) that I can browse through. Great for browsing, but not helpful in the case where I am looking for a specific member's pictures. I see no means of identifying danmart77's specific gallery, and certainly not his toolbox Photos section of his gallery.

I thought under former software that I could go to a member's listing and then find the gallery of that member. Doesn't seem like I can do that any longer.
Advice?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Click on Media in the top menu, then 'filters' on the right side, type or paste the name you are searching in the "Owned by" field, then "filter".

Last edited:

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Click on Media in the top menu, then filter on the right side, type or paste the name you are searching in the "Owned by" field, then "filter".
Thanks Mike - very helpful in getting me to danmart77's photos. I would have never found that filter button.
But I am not quite there...

He seems to indicate that there is a toolbox photos album, and what I see when I follow your instructions is that Danmart77 has 111 pages of photos to scroll through!

So now my question becomes is there any way to 'see his albums' rather than browse through all 111 pages of photos looking for an image than I am unfamiliar with?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I haven't found a way to see just albums yet. I did find that if you find one of the photos you can then see all in that same album, but then have to navigate back to the "all media" format to see other photos.

Not as slick as I would expect.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Thanks Mike!
I can replicate you feat of getting from one photo to all the other photos of that album - but identifying an album this way seems clunky - or less that slick as you state.
Appreciate it!

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Click Media from the top menu. You should then see a "Browse albums".

Jeff just posted a similar answer.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Ah, browse albums THEN filter, show only owned by:
And that too is very helpful... Thank you.

But, it still means I need to page through 4 pages of danmart77's photos - I love that he shares many excellent photos, but when you are searching for specific ones, the volume makes it a challenge (and easy to get diverted in his outstanding work!).

So thanks to the help here, I can now find his albums, filtering as described above, but in order to discover the album name I need to hover over each photo to view the album it is contained in. Do-able, but still somewhat clunky in my view.

It seems like there is no TEXT based way to do this. I guess I was looking for text based search because that was the reference I had, Danmart77's toolbox album

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS