HOW LONG?

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I was asked a question by a newer member, what are the requirements to be able to post in CLASSIFIESD?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Looks like you were registered in 2020 so you should be good.

Did you not sign on for a few months?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
This is from the sticky post in classifieds. can you see the post thread button there?

This forum section is for members to post personal woodworking-related items for sale (or offer to purchase). In order to post here, you must have User or higher status (i.e., not New User). If you don't see the "Post Thread" button, that is why. If you are unclear why you are still in New User status, look at the "Promotion Info" under your profile.
The criteria for getting to the "User" level is five posts and a posting in the "About Me" forum.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
When I click his name I see user, and new member. Could that be the confusion?

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you I'm still listed as a new user
I see your status as "User," but you haven't introduced yourself in the "Who We Are" section. That may be what's preventing you from posting in the classifieds

FlyingRon

Ron
Yes, it takes five posts to be able to get to from NewUser to the next level "User" which is what you need to post in the forums.
Apparenlty, jclrk managed to achieve that on Jan 27. In addition, the "promotion" to the next level only takes place in the middle of the night, so it takes a day after you qualify for it to actually happen.

If Jclrk can't post now, let me know, but it should work. If you go to your profile "account details" you will see a box that says "Next Promotion Requirements" which tells you what you have to do to get to the next level.

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
I see your status as "User," but you haven't introduced yourself in the "Who We Are" section. That may be what's preventing you from posting in the classifieds
I'll try that did know it was a requirement

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Yes, it takes five posts to be able to get to from NewUser to the next level "User" which is what you need to post in the forums.
Apparenlty, jclrk managed to achieve that on Jan 27. In addition, the "promotion" to the next level only takes place in the middle of the night, so it takes a day after you qualify for it to actually happen.

If Jclrk can't post now, let me know, but it should work. If you go to your profile "account details" you will see a box that says "Next Promotion Requirements" which tells you what you have to do to get to the next level.
Thank you

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
When I click his name I see user, and new member. Could that be the confusion?

He's gonna be another fantastic scroller on his Hawk G-426 saw. He and his wife are both really into wood crafting and are also really great and fun people! A great addition to our membership!
I can rightfully use great in every sentence as I've achieved great-grand fatherhood almost more times than I can remember, 5, 6, 7++???

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
He's gonna be another fantastic scroller on his Hawk G-426 saw. He and his wife are both really into wood crafting and are also really great and fun people! A great addition to our membership!
I can rightfully use great in every sentence as I've achieved great-grand fatherhood almost more times than I can remember, 5, 6, 7++???
With mentors like you to guide me ill do ok hope to be half as good as you someday Bruce

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bruce, did he buy your Hawk? (did that come with free lessons?)
@Jclrk are you a long-haul driver?
Who do you drive for?
(looking forward to your introduction (Bruce (@sawman101) has set our expectations pretty high!
(and yes, he is a pretty great mentor!)

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Yes, I sold him that saw, and I still have my oeiginal Hawk G-426; I needed to thin the herd. I learned after the sale the free lessons are specified in the fine print. Actually, I really enjoy sharing whatever with him. See what ya missed Hank? ;) ;) ;) :p:p

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Bruce, did he buy your Hawk? (did that come with free lessons?)
@Jclrk are you a long-haul driver?
Who do you drive for?
(looking forward to your introduction (Bruce (@sawman101) has set our expectations pretty high!
(and yes, he is a pretty great mentor!)
I am a long haul trucker and I did buy the hawk Bruce has became a great mentor.. this man is full of knowledge

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS