How I kick start a commission

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Willem, I apologize for so grossly under-valuing your work! As I indicated, I have never been very good at estimating time and materials. You do beautiful work, and I am confident that you are far more efficient with your time than I am. I wish you continued success!

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Willem, I apologize for so grossly under-valuing your work! As I indicated, I have never been very good at estimating time and materials. You do beautiful work, and I am confident that you are far more efficient with your time than I am. I wish you continued success!
No problem, looks good but in reality we are looking at two 20” wide base cabinets with shelving on top. The first commission I ever did years ago I took a guess and ended up with material prices equal to my selling price.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Materials around $400.

I did Willem's design in SketchUp without the extra things and can post it in the "Project Plans" if anyone is interested in playing around in SketchUp.

Materials: 4/4 red or white oak, 96 BF at about $3.50/bf = $340. Not 3/4" A/A oak plywood which would probably lower the materials cost.

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 3.09.36 PM.png

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS