How do I reference a post?

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
In VB there was a button to start a PM, so when I was in a post you could simply click on that and enter the handle of the person you wanted that message directed to...
Does that option not exist in XenForo?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not sure with the new software, but I just highlight the URL in the browser and then copy / paste that to whatever I'm wanting to reference. Not as easy as before, but it works.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I wonder if it an easy "fix" or if that is one of those things that "We regret all the special coding" 6 months or a year down the road!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
In VB there was a button to start a PM, so when I was in a post you could simply click on that and enter the handle of the person you wanted that message directed to...
Does that option not exist in XenForo?
Not quite the same, but if you click the "Share" icon (looks like a triangle with three balls, top right of each entry in the thread), you can copy the link to the thread to the clipboard via the Copy icon at the bottom of the dialog. Slightly easier than copying the browser URL.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not quite the same, but if you click the "Share" icon (looks like a triangle with three balls, top right of each entry in the thread), you can copy the link to the thread to the clipboard via the Copy icon at the bottom of the dialog. Slightly easier than copying the browser URL.

View attachment 187779
Thank you - I will try that!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS