[How Do I-Main Site] Sell my sander...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATSTUPENAS

New User
RUSSELL
Just wondering if anyone has suggestions on selling my DELTA 6" Belt/ 12" disc Finishing Machine . Is it just the economy and no one can part with $575.00's? This is a powerful maching with little use on it. It runs great and I have included the mobile base and Disc's and belts.

Thanks

Russell

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Russell I moved your inquiry from the Help Desk as that is more for site operational issues than marketing problems.
I really don't have an answer for your question. If you were to drop the price to $200 I bet it would move like hotcakes, but I guess that won't happen any time soon :eusa_doh::eusa_doh:
It's like selling anything is all about Supply and Demand. If there's no demand there will be a lot of supply and visa-versa.

Dave:)

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I just bought a Grizzley 6x48" belt/12" disk for $150. Machine is about 9 years old, it came with belts/disks and a mobile cabinet. Now, I realize that there is no comparison to Delta "quality' but these sanders are pretty basic units and they do pretty much the same thing. I am not saying yours is not worth the extra $$$ but...

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Let's be honest .... the price is fairly high as compared to things in the marketplace that it's competing with. Great machine or not, the market has steep, competitive pricing in that range which makes it hard to move.

I say this because I have one similar to it and have thought to sell it, but would run into the same problem. To sell it as such a price will require the right buyer at the right time. A lower price, however, might bring in someone who didn't plan on buying one now.

ATSTUPENAS

New User
RUSSELL
Let's be honest .... the price is fairly high as compared to things in the marketplace that it's competing with. Great machine or not, the market has steep, competitive pricing in that range which makes it hard to move.

I say this because I have one similar to it and have thought to sell it, but would run into the same problem. To sell it as such a price will require the right buyer at the right time. A lower price, however, might bring in someone who didn't plan on buying one now.

Guess I will have to keep it in the shop. There is No way i will sell it for 200 or less than its listed for. You have to adsmit for this machine 575 is a steal. A new machine runs $1500.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
That is a powerful machine and I think the right buyer might come along ... but it could take a while. Between economics, time of the year (lot of competition for the dollar right now with all of the woodworking stores having bi-annual sales and such), and general "need" for a "super sander" ... just gonna have to be patient with it.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I agree, the price isn't great, but it isn't bad either. It is just going to take awhile. If I didn't already have one I would be seriously considering it.

You might want to post it on Craigslist as well to get a bit of a broader audience.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Just a thought...how about introducing yourself to us? Wouldn't hurt. We like to get to know folks here and appreciate contribution from members.

As you have probably figured out we're a kinda frugal group who get a lot of satisfaction out of getting good deals on equipment and wood. You may want to run an add in the Raleigh, Eastern NC, OBX and Hampton Roads Craigslist.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Russ,

You may want to put a little more info regarding the machine, such as; model #, vintage/age, horsepower, voltage (110/220), single phase etc.

More info will give the buying audience a better idea of the price to value.

Good luck w/the sale.

Dan C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors