How Can I Quieten A Porch Swing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I bought a porch swing from Jack Leg and just got it mounted. As all porch swings mounted on chains make noise while swinging so I am not sure this is even possible. The problem is my son works weird shifts and when we swing we wake him up. The swing is mounted to two 2x10 trusses that support the upstairs bedrooms. My son's room is directly above the swing. My question is, is there a way to quieten the sounds a swing makes that are relaxing to the people swinging, but evidently are magnified as they travel through the 2x10's.

Last edited:

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
x8YBkII1StLgAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

These are pretty quiet.

http://www.porchswings.com/stands-a...la&srccode=cii_10043468&cpncode=00-78123322-2

is one source.............

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Find where the squeek is coming from and lubricate.

That, or, find a new way to swing. :wwink:

Ben325e

New User
Ben
I was in Agri-supply the other day and saw how cheap pillow block bearings were.... I'd use these if I were to mount a swing:

$8.00 3/4" Pillowblock bearings

Installing some heavy springs in the line will help reduce sound associated with sitting down/shifting etc.

jhreed

New User
james
tongue-in-cheek. Raise son's rent to $3,000.00 per month. Use the money to hire help to swing 24/7.
Your only problem is the complainer. The above will get rid of the complainer.
ha, ha!
James

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
tongue-in-cheek. Raise son's rent to $3,000.00 per month. Use the money to hire help to swing 24/7.
Your only problem is the complainer. The above will get rid of the complainer.
ha, ha!
James

Sorry, he's staying. And he is not complaining:no:, just can't sleep.

Glennbear

Glenn
I was in Agri-supply the other day and saw how cheap pillow block bearings were.... I'd use these if I were to mount a swing:

$8.00 3/4" Pillowblock bearings

Installing some heavy springs in the line will help reduce sound associated with sitting down/shifting etc.

I would add that pieces of the rubber squeegees that they use in your body shop at work to spread filler etc. between the pillow blocks and the wood might cut down sound transmission. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS