How can I effectively resaw on this?

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Jacob, you have a pretty standard blade length on that Delta 14" of 105". Klingspor sells those, I think, but Lee Valley has them and free shipping. Check with Klingspor first since they would get it to you quicker. Or, if you know of a saw sharpening shop in your area, they could weld up a blade for you to your specifications, width, thickness and tpi.

Roy G

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
Jacob, you mentioned about wanting a fence. The Oct 2015 issue of Woodworkers Journal had an article on a shop-made band saw fence. I built one similar and used it on my Delta until I bought a Rikon that came with a nice fence.
Shop-Made-Band-Saw-Fence-Lead.jpg

PM me if you are interested. I think I still have my plans around here somewhere.

Jak3

New User
Jacob
Jacob, you mentioned about wanting a fence. The Oct 2015 issue of Woodworkers Journal had an article on a shop-made band saw fence. I built one similar and used it on my Delta until I bought a Rikon that came with a nice fence.
View attachment 192410
PM me if you are interested. I think I still have my plans around here somewhere.

Yeah, actually I'd really appreciate that! But my bandsaw has little nubs coming off the side that the teeth on the blade is facing. Wouldn't those get in the way of a rig like that?

I look forward to getting a new blade like the other guys said and getting more familiar with changing the blade on my saw. I think I'll wait till this whole situation we're in right now blows over to spend money on new stuff though.
(I went ahead and re-sawed this on the table saw taking multiple passes raising the blade.)

Cuthriell

Cuthriell
Senior User
I have the same saw minus the riser and have no trouble resawing up to six inches. I use a 1/2" Jergens JSC blade. They cost half of a wood slicer and last as long. The blade for the saw without riser is KASC=1/2X.022/4T-93.5. It is a 3/4 tooth blade. My fence is a simple plywood box held in place with clamps.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS