Housing Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveD

New User
Dave
I wouldn't hold my breath with the state unemployment rate currently being around 9%. Until people and businesses start spending money again we are going to sit right where we are. Businesses would rather pay some overtime rather than hire more people.There have been some stats that seem to hint the housing market (in general) isn't going to rebound to the hayday of high annual growth for many many years.

Besides who is going to want to live a hours drive, each way, from places like RTP. Have you ever seen the traffic on I40 at rush hour between RTP and Smithfield?:gar-Cr

On the other side of the coin, I'd like to see the growth because that means my house is going to be that much more marketable considering its inside of the I540 loop and 20 minutes from RTP. Got my eye on some acreage in the Rolesville area and a 2000 sq ft 'shop' with a 1000 sq ft 'apartment' would do me quite nicely, thank you.:gar-La;. Retirement, gotta love it (most of the time).

westisthebest

New User
Chad
I know that when I am slow, I pick up installs here and there for a cabinet company in Charlotte. I know that over the last couple of weeks and really the next two months at least they are slammed and it is all new construction.

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
FWIW, we're trying to do our small part... complete with a 1,200 sq. ft. shop. (OK, plus the 436 sq. ft. storage loft/metalworking area, but let's not quibble.)

I've explained to the LOML that this is ALL necessary to stimulate the local economy. She said I was selfless.

At least, I think that was the word. I KNOW that it started with "self".

http://ahousenamedfred.com

In a few weeks I'll be uploading the shop plans for assistance/critique/public-bloodletting, so watch this space.

:gar-Bi

Kevin

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I have some friends in the building supply channel that would like to see that happen in the Charlotte market. They're not holding their breath.:nah: LOTS of inventory on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS