Hottest Deal this Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Jerry,

What do these normally go for. I am keeping a close eye on this one. I have been on the lookout for a WM for a while.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Jerry,

What do these normally go for. I am keeping a close eye on this one. I have been on the lookout for a WM for a while.

This is from their site-----------Jerry
logo.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
inside_slices_r1_c1.gif

http://www.woodmastertools.com/s/hook.cfm
http://www.woodmastertools.com/s/grits.cfm
http://www.woodmastertools.com/s/smooth.cfm

pricing_f2.gif

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

drum_price_title.gif

line.gif

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Because we’re constantly striving to provide you with the most advanced machines at the best possible prices, prices and specs below are subject to change. For the most current specifications and the best possible prices, please contact us directly through email (info@woodmastertools.com) or by calling our toll-free sales line, 1-800-821-6651.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Model 2675[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]26" - Our Smallest most affordable machine[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Reg. $3,047 Now just $2,199 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Model 3875[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]38" - Our Mid-Sized machine for mid-sized shops![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Reg. $4,727 Now just $2,795 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Model 3820[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]38" - Double Drum - Mid-size sander, BIG MACHINE performance![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Reg. $7,499 Now just $4,655 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Model 5075[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]50" - Our Biggest, Best, Commercial-Size drum sander[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Reg. $7,906 Now just $3,925 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

inside_slices_r3_c3.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Home | Planers | Drum Sanders | Accessories | Testimonials | FAQ [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Molding Patterns | About Us | Request Free Video & Fact Kit | Contact Us[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1431 N. Topping Ave, Kansas City, Missouri 64120 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Phone: 800-821-6651 Fax: 816-483-7203[/FONT]

Toddler

New User
Todd
The seller still thinks it's a 32" sander because the person asking if it was 38" like the current model made a typo.

It's up to 610 now, and adding a single phase 5 hp motor would bring that to what, $900 or so?

To big and too rich for me. Does Woodguy need another one :)

Todd

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
You can get a phase converter for about 400 bucks. Its all a mess from there though. Heavier guage wiring. It really wouldn't make sense unless you already had other three phase tools, or planned to in the future.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Guys, I have a phase converter - installed it myself, and it's really not a big deal. One thing that I like about them is that a lot of really solid used equipment is 3 phase, and being set up for it allows you to take advantage of some solid, older high quality iron.

Wiring is actually smaller for 3 phase equipment - versus single phase, because you are dividing the amperage required for equivalent horsepower across three legs, instead of two. Thus, a 7hp 3 phase motor may only require 10 guage wiring, yet a 7hp single phase would require 6 guage wire.

If you ever decide to install a phase converter, I would recommend that you wire it into a 3 phase load center, instead of the actual piece of equipment that you need to power. That way if/when you require additional equipment you simply need to install a new run to the load center and you're done, versus moving the converter around or having to purchase additional coverters.

The wiring for the converters is very simple and straightforward. Anyone that has a good understanding of electrical wiring can handle it. It does cost you a bit more on the power bill though, because you lose some efficiency in the conversion process. However, if you can save significantly on the cost of used 3 phase equipment, I think that the hardware savings will outweigh the increased utility costs.

Jerry - thanks for sharing this info. Unless someone else on this site really wants this machine, I think that I'll bid on it. However, if someone else really wants it let me know and I won't bid (so as not to drive the price up). Let me know by a PM or e-mail to scotttsmith@bellsouth.net Thanks.

Scott

M

McRabbet

Just for comparison purposes, I paid $750 for a five year old Model 2675 that is 5 HP/220V/1 Ph and it came with a full-size HTC mobile base and 5 full rolls of 6" H&L paper. 25 yard Rolls of H&L abrasive run $65-72 at Klingspor's Woodworking Shop. John Richards has the 3875 in his shop and I believe it is also a 3 phase machine. They are great sanders.

Rob

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Looks like I got outbid at the end. Oh well - still fun though. Jerry - thanks again for pointing out the machine.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
I picked mine up for under 1000.00 It was origionally posted for 1200.00, but he took less money. Cosmetically it wasnt up to par, but it was well maintained so I just painted it and ordered new stickers. Looks and runs like a million bucks. I saved about 2000.00 all in all.

M

McRabbet

It ended up selling at $1,050...Not too bad a deal for someone with 3-Phase power already and who lives in the Old North State...

Rob

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Looks like I got outbid at the end. Oh well - still fun though. Jerry - thanks again for pointing out the machine.

You are more than welcome Scott---------just sorry you did not win the bid. I have a 38" wide Woodmaster single drum sander, and is 1ph. If I remember correctly I bought it about 1995 and paid nearly 2700. for it.

It has been virtually trouble free-------does a super job getting table tops and glued up panels flat. Time saved on sanding has paid for it over the years.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS