Hose Adapter for Lamello Biscuit Joiner

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
I have used this Lamello biscuit joiner for many years. You can probably tell by the old style handle. I use a Festool vac with it for chip collection but it is aggravating because the round hose doesn't fit tightly to the oval port and it falls off frequently. I have searched the web for an adapter and all I have found so far is this:

I may could swallow the $36 but $100 for shipping means no deal. I have also come across what apparently are files for making one on a 3D printer which don't know anything about. So curious if any of you have found an adapter or other solution. Or if anyone has a 3D printer and wants to make some I would be glad to buy one.

Attachments

• IMG_7243.jpeg
    IMG_7243.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I'd suggest you try to find an appropriate Fernco adapter, found in the Big Box Store Plumbing aisles. Looks like you'd need a 1-1/2" diameter one -- being rubber, it should fit the oval shape and accept the Festool hose.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
Good idea Rob. I have used Ferncos on my stationary tools. The Festool nozzle is their one inch which is the internal diameter apparently so the external diameter looks to be around 1 & 1/16 inch. The smallest Fernco I see is 1 & 1/4" so may tighten down ok but may be tougher to fit on the Lamello as it looks smaller. I will get one and try.

Update: I found one supplier in the US who lists the adapter, Burns Tools. The shipping was about $20 which I can swallow so ordered it today.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS