build4fun

New User
Brian
Anybody have some good home office projects? Like many people, I have been working from home. I already have a desk, so I recently made the wastebasket in the picture during the lockdowns. Here is a video of me building it
DSC_0252.jpg
for my office.

RobH

Rob
Corporate Member
Not very big but made a few of these laptop stands. Has a keyboard cutout for storage. Keeps the screen eye level. Only works if you have a keyboard and mouse though.

Attachments

• B73A33F3-3BDA-44C9-A398-D358B66F1910.jpeg
    B73A33F3-3BDA-44C9-A398-D358B66F1910.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 157
  • EEF56AD2-7552-443D-BD9A-95E6677E874E.jpeg
    EEF56AD2-7552-443D-BD9A-95E6677E874E.jpeg
    853.4 KB · Views: 134

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Nice project and video Brian! Thanks for sharing. I worked from home for about 2 weeks then my company jumped into the face mask business. Since then I've been working some of the longest days that I've ever worked here in NC! It's been rough but it's also been very rewarding knowing that we're now producing masks that are vital in keeping the local community safe here in the Durham, Chapel Hill, Raleigh area. I don't know exactly how far reaching our masks go, but we've been averaging about 50,000 masks produced each day. And we're not yet in full production! Still ramping up and learning the machines.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Nice job on the waste basket. This little pencil/pen holder out of the same wood might be a nice desk top accessory.

IMG_E0108.JPG

build4fun

New User
Brian
Nice! That is a good compact way to have the computer up off the counter and the keyboard nearby as well. Can you use it on your lap?

build4fun

New User
Brian
Not very big but made a few of these laptop stands. Has a keyboard cutout for storage. Keeps the screen eye level. Only works if you have a keyboard and mouse though.
Nice! That is a good compact way to have the computer up off the counter and the keyboard nearby as well. Can you use it on your lap?

build4fun

New User
Brian
Nice project and video Brian! Thanks for sharing. I worked from home for about 2 weeks then my company jumped into the face mask business. Since then I've been working some of the longest days that I've ever worked here in NC! It's been rough but it's also been very rewarding knowing that we're now producing masks that are vital in keeping the local community safe here in the Durham, Chapel Hill, Raleigh area. I don't know exactly how far reaching our masks go, but we've been averaging about 50,000 masks produced each day. And we're not yet in full production! Still ramping up and learning the machines.
I guess job security is a good thing! Thanks for helping keep people safe.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS