Home Depot Lifetime Service Agreement on Ridgid Power Tools

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Slightly Edited:
After many, many tries this past week, I got thru to a Ridgid tool rep to discuss my claims for 6 new batteries; all battery replacement claims need to be handled by phone. 2 of them are 14.4-volt ni-cads and the other 4 are 18-volt lithium. First, she checked the serial numbers, and all showed up on the list of registered batteries in my LSA account. The 4-18 volt batteries had all been replaced once in the 2007-2009 time frame and I had registered the replacements. So, after a quick procedure of placing each battery in the appropriate charger and telling her which lights were on, she agreed that all batteries were defective and would be replaced. She said that inventory is getting depleted for these models so I asked what would happen if they couldn't replace these batteries in the future. Her answer was that they would upgrade me to current models. I asked her to confirm what I thought I'd heard and she said yes, new tool, charger and batteries would be sent.
Nice! So, when you buy a Ridgid battery powered tool, be sure to register it for the LSA within the allotted time - 90 days I think.
Bob

Last edited:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
ALWAYS PRINT OUT A CURRENT COPY OF YOUR DASHBOARD (LSA registration) in case by some reason, it should get deleted. DAMHIK. Be aware, you have to register the replacement batteries, same as original ones. Bob, did you talk to HD, or to Ridgid?

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
ALWAYS PRINT OUT A CURRENT COPY OF YOUR DASHBOARD (LSA registration) in case by some reason, it should get deleted. DAMHIK. Be aware, you have to register the replacement batteries, same as original ones. Bob, did you talk to HD, or to Ridgid?
I actually talked to Ridgid Bruce. I edited my post to clear that up. Thanks.
Bob

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Originally, they would just do counter exchange at stores with rentals. No longer. Now, they make it virtually impossible. So impossible I will never by another Ridgid tool. When I last tried about two years ago, they required me to mail at my expense the tool, battery, and charger and would evaluate within 3 to 4 months for replacement. I switched to Makita and Milwaukee and just buy third party batteries. Shame as I kind of like some of their tools.

FWIW, all battery tools will be OBE before they wear out. Increasing voltage. We went from 6 to 9 to 12 to 18, now the new lines are 36 (40) V. Higher voltage, smaller windings, faster charge.

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
Last year I took my Ridgid planer, which was making a strange noise, back to HD and they gave me a new one. I had registered it with Rigid.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS