Holy Moly!

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
A 16" table saw. I didn't know there was such a thing.

1581042433850.png

That's a beast!

Not mine, etc.: Tannewitz J-Series 16" Table Saw - $5000 (Raleigh)

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Notice the scales for ripping both right and left of the blade. With power feeder, this would be the perfect saw for ripping 1/4" thick nosing strips for plywood edges. I wonder if it was replaced by a Festool Trac Saw?

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Back in the golden days of commercial woodworking, variety saws like that were routine. The Delta Unisaw was considered a lightweight machine for trivial detailing.

As to the sales tax, its likely if that saw is considered inventory then it may apply. If it were being sold out of someone's garage, it would be a different story.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Back in the golden days of commercial woodworking, variety saws like that were routine. The Delta Unisaw was considered a lightweight machine for trivial detailing.

As to the sales tax, its likely if that saw is considered inventory then it may apply. If it were being sold out of someone's garage, it would be a different story.
Unless the rules have changed, I have bought many pieces of equipment from corporations over the years and never paid sales tax. A sales tax is just that, a tax for a transaction between a buyer and a dealer or reseller (auction house) .

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Who knows, maybe that tax business is just the seller's way of adding an invoice pack. Some people try to do that.
I suspect that saw will be for sale for a good while until the right user comes along. The feeder was top of the line 40 years ago. What shape it is in now is anybody's guess. That new paint job on the saw makes it look good.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Most likely seller didn't pay any sales tax when saw was bought as it was used in production of goods for sale.. Now they have to collect sales tax, as they are selling a product ( the saw.) The legislator lowered corp. income tax, and shifted it to individuals as sales tax. NC Dept of Revenue is very aggressive in collecting sales tax. If I bought something that included sales tax, and then used it to make a product, or service, then my customer had to pay sales tax on total cost, including sales tax on the sales tax I paid. A few of examples, gasoline for truck, electrictiy to run the lights. fuel to heat shop, motel room at trade shows, meals consumed while out of town. I had already paid the sales tax, but had to include their cost in labor, upon which I had to collect sales tax. Taxing a tax. That's one of the reasons I decided to close down my business

Last edited:

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
NC is tax happy. Some time ago I was going to register a trade mark. TN = $15, SC = $15, GA = $15, VA = $25 & NC = $75. Go figure.

Pop :eek:

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
There's no way to beat it. You either play or don't play.
With what faults may be pointed out, NC is still a fine and prospering state because it is mostly populated by fine and good people.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS