Hollowing systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
I'm looking at these. I like the new one from Carter and have used the Vicmarc.

Wondering what y'all have and suggestions/comments

Rob

New User
Rob
Full size one. I like it, but I've only used the Jamison. I like the articulated arm better.

timf67

New User
Tim
I only have experience with the articulated arm from Monster Lathe Tools. Randy at Monster has been great to work with. When I got my new lathe, he made me a new base so that I could use it on the new lathe for a very reasonable price. I like the articulated arm setup, but I haven't used anything else, so my opinion doesn't mean much.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
I have and use the Kobra hollowing system. It is built like a tank and is the only articulated arm hollowing system that I know of that can go over 20" deep. It is more pricey than most but worth it if you want to go really deep with an articulated hollowing system. They don't make but a few of these so you would have to get on a waiting list. You can Google Kobra and find their contact info, but as far as I know they don't have a web site.
Jack

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
i've decided to forgo a fancy hollowing system at this time.

i've gotten me a mid-size easy hollower form easy tools and i'm hoping santa delivers me an 'eliminator' tool and a sanding tool from the sanding glove company.

i believe for my skill level, caliber of lathe and time i devote to turning this should satisfy for now.

i will post some pics when i get to using this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors