Hitachi Belt/Disk Sander on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazzer

Gazzer
Corporate Member
I was checking Amazon for their price on Nicholson rasps (mentioned on the previous thread) when I saw this Hitachi benchtop belt/disk sander:

http://tinyurl.com/2ey5d6

I am not a real big fan of Hitachi but $129 + free shipping sounded like an ok deal, but look at this --> There is an instant $50 discount when you apply this code: 6MQ7TCA3.

79 bucks plus free shipping on a 50 pound package! Man, I'm a sucker for this sort of thing!

Trog777

New User
Trog
You know, 79 bucks is like a meal out these days. I gotta 13yo that can EAT! The review sounds like the guy works for Hitachi. I doubt it's that good, but I bet it'll work fine for small pieces, touching up end grain, etc... You can't beat the price for a belt/disc combo with a known name. That's for sure.

Inflatable Screen Door

New User
David Maida
I got one at the 79.00 price from amazon. When I recieved it the packaging was torn a bit but once unpacked it looked OK. After setting it up I noticed that the pully was rubbing on one of the plastic covers. A slight adjustment to the pully position fixed that. It's a nice machine. Very good for the price. The cast iron table puts it a step above all the other machines in this price range. BUT the drive belt is a total POS!!! The belt has a huge wiggle in it that make the machine run very rough. I'm gonna swap it out for a link belt and then I think it will be a usefull addition to my shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS