High Point Drawer Slides reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
I'm changing out a few fixed shelves in my bar to be pull out 'drawers'. I had planned on using Blum slides from Woodcraft but realized they no longer carry that brand. The only ones they had that met my requirements were made by High Point and I can't find many reviews online about these slides. There are two reviews on the woodcraft website - One 5 start review and one 1 star review.

My biggest concern is how difficult the soft-close slide will be to get started in opening. The drawers will have glassware and will not be filled. I'm afraid if you must pull too hard to start the opening process, everything will slide toward the back of the drawer. I know I could always return them if I'm not happy but more concerned about building the drawer to the correct size allowing for the slide thickness as compared to other brands if I need to switch them out.

Anyone use the High Point brand Soft Close and were they easy to open? Or should I just go ahead and order the Blum online?

Rick

JohnW

New User
John
Rick,

My experience is with side mounted soft close slides from K&V and a few other brands. I'm a fan of Blum hinges but have not used their under mount slide systems.

Soft close slides I've used "sometimes" do not always fully seat. They you have to go back and shut the drawer again, this time with some force. Not typically an issue for me but if the drawer had glasses in them, it might pose a problem. And they do take a little bit of effort to open, not much but might be enough to shake a glass or two. The Blum under-mount systems might be "softer". In my experience with side mount soft close, I would not store expensive glasses in the drawers without side protecting between each glass.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Blum are the only ones I use. Nice soft close, very reliable, lifetime warranty. What size/s do you need?

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Blum are the only ones I use. Nice soft close, very reliable, lifetime warranty. What size/s do you need?

I’m looking for 3 pairs of the soft close slides at about 18” in length. I was planning to use 3/4 stock to build the drawers just because I have it in my shop already. I was just looking at the options and looks like the Blumotion under mounts would be perfect.

rick

Last edited:

Skymaster

New User
Jack
ok monday i will get prices for you, i have an order going in on monday so i can add yours, For your info need a slightly different slides than I do cause you are 3/4 thick sides. Usually about 40 bucks a pair. Send me PM with contact info,also where in Raleigh? My delivery days usually are tues thurs. easiest way probably meet half way ish, or knightdale sumting like daat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors