Hi im new!!!

AvocadoesTasteGood

New User
Ryan
Hi, I was recommended to post a little about myself so here it goes.
I'm a 15 year old massachussian who is new in woodworking as a hobby and I decided to make a account to ask question in hopes that other wiser woodworkers can answer them!
The most I've done so far are songbirds and flowers and I've made a small desk which I've all given away to friends and family as holiday gifts.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Ryan,
We are glad you found us.
I think you will find NCWW a helpful place to learn, share and ask questions.

I tell everyone, you get out of it what you put in it. If you ask questions, you WILL get answers and nearly all the time from someone who has BTDT (Been there done that) and with this group probably own the loom the fabric for the tee-shirt was made on! LOL

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum Ryan, we’re glad you found us. Any questions just ask.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Welcome.
First thing to learn is there are 100 ways to do anything. 99 work. pick one. The right one is the one that works for you.
I think back on things I am learning 50 years later I wish someone had showed me back then. How to hold a saw, how to stand, how to hold a plane, how to mark. Basics that seem simple but small differences to correct before you have bad habits make woodwork go so much easier and more enjoyable. I learn every day and have to practice to overcome what I was doing wrong.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Ryan. You have indeed to come to the right web site.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome Ryan,
We are glad you found us.
I think you will find NCWW a helpful place to learn, share and ask questions.

I tell everyone, you get out of it what you put in it. If you ask questions, you WILL get answers and nearly all the time from someone who has BTDT (Been there done that) and with this group probably own the loom the fabric for the tee-shirt was made on! LOL
While I don't currently own a loom (gave it to my daughter) I design multi-layer Jacquard Leno fabrics for office and industrial uses.
And I know that t-shirt material is knitted not woven.
Oh, and I was the entire art department for a large t-shirt screen printing company for a number of years.
So, welcome, ask questions, enjoy your time here, and keep making things!

AvocadoesTasteGood

New User
Ryan
Welcome.
First thing to learn is there are 100 ways to do anything. 99 work. pick one. The right one is the one that works for you.
I think back on things I am learning 50 years later I wish someone had showed me back then. How to hold a saw, how to stand, how to hold a plane, how to mark. Basics that seem simple but small differences to correct before you have bad habits make woodwork go so much easier and more enjoyable. I learn every day and have to practice to overcome what I was doing wrong.
Thank you for the nugget of wisdom sir!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS