Hi from Lake Norman area

Hobie1dog

New User
Marty
I am from Cornelius, North Carolina which is right above Charlotte at the bottom part of Lake Norman and after working with a guy at McDonnell Douglas back in 1990 who was an avid scroller, he was always bringing in catalogs and magazines about scroll saws, so I was in the group at the time that were into decoy ducks, so many years later I now finally end up finding a pretty good deal on a Total Shop saw, very lightly used and purchased it for $80.00 I got a new speed change belt and enough blades to last me a lifetime from PS Wood. Just got a Rockwell Bladerunner saw for Xmas too. I used to work for a custom organ builder and did all of the staining and refinishing work for them as well as dimensioning lumber. I did this for 7 years.
7luonzG.jpg

I use to build speakers
RfgRl67.jpg

8 foot long Subwoofer I built
cDpFVRb.jpg

5yKqT6w.jpg

eo3vBnQ.jpg

I’m looking forward to learning from this group so that I can make parts for my model rockets and the ones for my 3 Grand sons. They will be made from 6 ply aircraft grade plywood in the 1/8” to 1/4” range. Round centering rings and fins mostly.
I'm very disabled after being attacked by fire ants 7 years ago which caused my immune system to go haywire and expose a genetic flaw in my DNA which allowed the protein in the coating of my nerves to be destroyed, mostly in my arms and legs, so within 3 months I was unable to unlock my car door or pull apart a ziplock bag and it has gotten worse and has gone into the core of my body so now my lungs are down to only 30% of their inhale and exhale pressure. I am just barely able to stand up and have had 41 falls so far. But I still have enough hand and arm strength to operate to operate the scroll saw so that's the good part.
Picture from back when I could walk,down in the BVI
HEKhF2I.jpg

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
HI Marty welcome to the forum!
I used to live in Mooresville, but now I live in Hawaii.
Everyone here is always wiling to assist with any questions you might have about woodworking
Glad you are here.

MGT

New User
Mike
Hi Marty- Nice work on those speakers. Sorry to hear about your run in with the fire ants. Welcome to the forum!

Hobie1dog

New User
Marty
Welcome.

And I'm in awe of that subwoofer. o_O
That subwoofer used 18 in subwoofers, which are designed and built by my son. His company is Stereo Integrity.com so go to the website and check out the big 24-in diameter subwoofer that travels Peak to Peak 5 inches total, and has the tightest most accurate bass you'll ever experience.... and Unlike most subwoofers which have a cut off in 25 to 30 Hertz range This one will play down to 3 to 5 Hertz.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS