Hi Folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahawkins629

New User
Grumpi
My name is Alan, most call me grumpi, cause i'm a cantakerous fellow most days. Wife and I live in Rolesville. New to woodworking, although I have done construction, electrical and other work in the past, not to mention being raised by dad as a DIY'r. Raised mostly in Arkansas, I moved out here back in the 80's and have been in the Raleigh area since then.

Just built a 12 x 12 barn and thought i'd make use of it by filling it with tools and stuff, so i'd have something to do when hiding from the wife.. i've always loved the smell of cut wood, especially fresh red cedar. I'm most interested in chip carving, small carvings and have been setting up the shop with that in mind.

well, hope the picnic goes well.. im working this weekend but maybe ill get out there next time. till then, i'll be lurking around the forums and hunkered down in the shop as i can, making a sawdust pile :wsmile:

RandyJ

New User
Randy
Welcome to our sawdust pile, Alan. We are glad you decided to join our merry band of WWers. Don't forget to post pics cause around here our motto is "No pics, didn't happen"
Have fun and enjoy the best WWing site on the whole WWW!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Alan, I too have been accused of being Grumpi. I guess its part of getting old :roll: I'm glad that you could join us, and look forward to your input in the forums. It's too bad you can't make it out to the picnic, but we'll have a good time for you.
Jump in, have fun and enjoy this resource we call NCWW.
See you around!!

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the website, Alan -- happy you found us and we look forward to seeing your input here on the forums. We have several carvers on the site and I'm sure they'll want to share ideas and work with you.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Alan. Sounds like you fit right in. There are some excellant carvers on the site. I am sure they will assist or corrupt you futher.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Whatever you do, there are 2 fellows on here you should avoid at all cost!! :tinysmile_tongue_t: One is in your town, Rolesville, and the other is just up the road in some obscure little town.

The guy in Rolesville has a sawmill and will take ALL your money for nice wood. The other one is a big guy with a beard, wears bibs a lot, and will infect you with scrollsawing and God forbid, the LATHE!
:nah:

So, if you start getting messages from saw4u and sawduster, watch out!!
:rotflm:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Welcome Alan!

I love my doghouse too, but my wife hasn't figured out it's a hide out for me yet :-D

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome Alan,

As Jackleg mentioned, there are a bunch of NCWW's in your area including saw4you (Jack) a sawyer who has great deals on wood, but close to you there are alot of others too. Maybe you could join us for a lunch one day, as we've had 'em in your parts before.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Welcome Alan! You brought a smile to my face, I too have a 12x12 shop.

Its a fun group of folks here. Ask and share anything you want. I like to relay my personal DIY tales, which I now call Do In Yourself :)

If you are in/around RTP, we have a lunch scheduled on the 27th (of May, not March).

Jim

Greybeard

New User
Pat
Welcome to our woodpile, Alan! Always glad to have someone new come in! One thing we always like to see is pictures of your progects, both in-progress and completed. Warning! No pictures, it didn't Happen. Again, welcome to the group. Looking foward to getting to know you!

Pat

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
You forgot FredP. He is to be avoided at all costs as well. :rotflm:
Whatever you do, there are 2 fellows on here you should avoid at all cost!! :tinysmile_tongue_t: One is in your town, Rolesville, and the other is just up the road in some obscure little town.

The guy in Rolesville has a sawmill and will take ALL your money for nice wood. The other one is a big guy with a beard, wears bibs a lot, and will infect you with scrollsawing and God forbid, the LATHE!:nah:

So, if you start getting messages from saw4u and sawduster, watch out!!
:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS