Hi all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn

New User
shawn
New to the site. My name is Shawn and my wife, daughter and and I moved to New Bern in June of '16 from AZ. I've been woodworking for roughly 35 years now. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a piece of property with shop space, so my machines are sitting dormant.:( I was wondering if there are any co-ops in the New Bern area or space to share? in the mean time I'm looking for space to rent. Anyway, I figured I'd say hi.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Shawn. You have come to the right web site.

There are plenty of members in your area who might pipe up and greet you with information you are looking for.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
When we moved to NC I had a metal building put ont the lot. When it's too hot or too cold I have my SCROLLSAW etc. set up in a spare bedroom.

shawn

New User
shawn
Been thinking of metal building. I thought I'd add on to tiny shed, but I have to investigate permiting.

Richo B

New User
Richo
Welcome to the site Shawn. I'm also in the New Bern area. Are you in city limits or out in the county? Don't know what differences there are in permits but know that building downtown is very difficult between the Preservation Association and city permit inspectors. Still it can be done and I know a few people who have done it. I live in the Brice's Creek area where apparently anything goes and many people have their own shops on the property. Suppose I could as well if I wanted to invest in that sort of thing. I do all my WWing in the garage. As for rental space I don't know a lot of that either but there must be some options around town.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NC to you, your wife and daughter and we're glad to have you here at NCWW. Sorry I can't help on suggestions for a coop.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Glad you're here Shawn. I'm way too far away to offer any help, but I sure do hope you find a way to have your shop. Happy sawdusting!

shawn

New User
shawn
Thanks for the responses. I'm in the Neuse/Simmons area. My neighbor has a shop I may be able to use, but I have to find something. I have projects rolling in.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard ShawnGood luck in your search for space. Hope you join us at the picnic

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Welcome Shawn. We have a lunch get together roughly each month depending upon schedules. Richo has accepted the onerous responsibility of lining everyone up for the event. Kinda like herding cats!
Contact him with your availability and I hope to meet you at the next get together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS