HF Parking Lot Sale June 10,11,& 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
One item that interested me is the HVLP Gravity Feed Spray Gun (47016, 6 cfm) for $9.99. Several over at Woodnet have listed it as a HF Gem. Last Sunday's paper had an add with coupon for 4 1/2" angle grinder for $9.99 (also a HF Gem.) They have a 18 gauge, 1/4" crown stapler for $19.99, and a 23 gauge pin nailer for $24.99. These are on sale all month and the 20% off coupon could be applied to either. HF also has a "new version" of their multi-tool (68303) for $19.99. But don't spend $29.99 for non contact laser thermometer. Lowes has identical unit from General for $19.99. Bought one yesterday, and I had fun checking out how hot things on the job site were. Shingles today were 185 F. Lowes has General moisture meter for $19.99 also.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I have had the pin nailer for a few years now, and 1/4" stapler, and they have worked like a charm since day one! Didn't know about the Lowe's General moisture meter, and thermometer tho'....

Glennbear

Glenn
Just my personal reviews based upon a couple years of use, 5 being maximum score:

angle grinder - :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up :thumbs_up

1/4" stapler - :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

pin nailer - :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up minus one for maximum size pin available :thumbs_do

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Bruce,

Do you have an item number for the angle grinder? There are a few models on the site. And which paper was it in. Looking thorough my coupons I see a few for the angle grinder at $19.99 but can't find one for $9.99.

Thanks,

Travis

Last edited:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
They changed up the web site, but with a little digging I found where they hid the in store flyers:

http://www.harborfreight.com/retail-flyer

Click on the one that says "huge parking lot sale".

That magnetic towing light set is a steal at $8.99.

Anyone have experience with that reciprocating saw? I am a little leery of one that cheap; they get shook pretty hard in normal use.

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
I like HF too! But I didn't have luck with the pinner. It ust kept jamming.

Every 5th pin or so, it forced me to disassemble it. Although it could've been a lemon, I returned it. I ended up buying the Freeman pinner for $39.99 (regularly $59.99) which is also a 1" max pinner. I've used it for a few small jobs so far and it only jammed once, and by comparrison, was a snap to unjam.

In all honesty, it could have been the pins I was using in the HF pinner (those they sell at HF). For the Freeman, I bought Grex pins.

I also like their small router for $20.00. It gets a little "warm" while in use and the height adjustment mechanism has a little to be desired - it slips, even under max thumb-screw (plastic) tension. I ended up lining the housing under the height-adjustment (clear plastic) collar with fine sandpaper and it seems to help. But heh... for 20 bucks, who can complain! For just a bit more, the pinner caused too much down time and frustration.

Bob

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
They changed up the web site, but with a little digging I found where they hid the in store flyers:

http://www.harborfreight.com/retail-flyer

Click on the one that says "huge parking lot sale".

That magnetic towing light set is a steal at $8.99.

Anyone have experience with that reciprocating saw? I am a little leery of one that cheap; they get shook pretty hard in normal use.

A co-worker of mine bought it and he has used it for sawing some 4x4 posts without any trouble. I don't know how it would hold up to long term use and abuse, that is why I bought a Ridgid.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Just my personal reviews based upon a couple years of use, 5 being maximum score:

angle grinder - :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up :thumbs_up

1/4" stapler - :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

pin nailer - :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up minus one for maximum size pin available :thumbs_do
New pin nailer takes up to 1" pins. Yours is most likely the older blue / purple one (came in both colors.) New ones are silver and red. Bought one, just haven't used it yet. Went to shop and read the box. It shoots up to and including 1" pins.

sushinutnc

New User
Mike

Check out their online reviews for it. Very good ratings for the most part:
http://www.harborfreight.com/power-...procating-saw-with-rotating-handle-65570.html

I have an earlier one of their recip saws that was also on sale for $20. The blade that came with it was TOTAL junk. I spent more on a couple GOOD blades from HD than the cost of the saw.

(FWIW, I consider my HF saw one of the best deals I've ever had. It's held up great. I'd have to replace it four times before I'd hit the cost of a Dewalt. By my math I'll die an old man before that.)

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
I bought two of their small routers when they were on sale. I put a round-over bit in one and a chamfer bit in the other. Now its easy to grab one and do a quick round-over or chamfer.

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
A few reviews of tools I've bought from HF:

Their security camera with night vision works great for us. We use it to watch all the night critters who come up on our porch at night to eat the cat food.

The shed light which runs on solar power? It was terrible.

My harbor freight chisels are good for glue, prying and other things that I don't want to use my good chisels for. They sharpen well and work great as chisels that I don't mind damaging, if necessary.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
FYI: I'll likely be stopping by the Durham HF Saturday morning. If anyone can't make the sale but wants something I'm happy to pick it up and store it for a bit.

Travis

manfre

New User
Manfre
Anyone have any reviews of the 5" random orbital sander? It looks like the dust port will never fit a hose. For $19 with a coupon seems like it's hard to go wrong. I've never owned an ROS, so the only thing I know to look for is some sort of dust collection and H&L.

WadeP

New User
Wade
Quick question. Will the HVLP work with the little pancake compresser?

The HVLP specs say ":Required air pressure:50-70 PSI; Air consumption: 8 CFM; "
The AC specs say: " 0.6 CFM at 90 PSI, 1.0 CFM at 40 PSI. "

The PSI looks good but the CFM is throwing me off!

Oh . . . and "Howdy" to everybody! I've been trolling the site for a month or two but didn't sign up. Just finished getting a small shop / shed (12x24) built and about to finish the inside so I can move in my small collection of tools. Only ever made a small side table or two but look forward to getting back into 'things'.

See ya 'round.
Wade (Greenville, NC)

manfre

New User
Manfre

The AC specs say: " 0.6 CFM at 90 PSI, 1.0 CFM at 40 PSI. "

The PSI looks good but the CFM is throwing me off!

Oh . . . and "Howdy" to everybody! I've been trolling the site for a month or two but didn't sign up. Just finished getting a small shop / shed (12x24) built and about to finish the inside so I can move in my small collection of tools. Only ever made a small side table or two but look forward to getting back into 'things'.

See ya 'round.
Wade (Greenville, NC)
I have that pancake compressor. It takes a few minutes to go from 0 to 100 PSI. I've never tried it for spraying, but have used an air nozzle with it. It'll work in short bursts and then you'll have to wait for it to get the PSI higher. It might end up being a frustrating experience if you're spraying anything other than small objects.

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
I think I'm going to pick up that bench top drill press, looks like a longer pipe can be fitted on it to give it a little more swing.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I think I'm going to pick up that bench top drill press, looks like a longer pipe can be fitted on it to give it a little more swing.

I am back and forth about upgrading my lousy DP with a slightly better one. I think I should wait for an older floor model for cheap or be willing to spend for a substantially bigger/better benchtop. If you have no DP, jump on the $40 one. Otherwise, think first. Just my opinion...

manfre

New User
Manfre
Just got back from HF (inside track members got early access :gar-Bi) and they've got a table set up with no box tools (circular saws, recip. saws, palm sanders, drills, etc) for ~50% off, as-is in the box tools (I got a heat gun for $6), a shopping cart full of $1 items (I got a few 4" DC connectors), another cart with $2 items (I picked up a big pack of sand paper sponges).

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User

See ya 'round.
Wade (Greenville, NC)
There are two different guns.47016 - 6 CFM, and 67181 - 8 CFM. Unfortunately a PC compressor want do the job. These guns aren't bleeder guns, meaning they only use air when trigger is pulled, so I can use them with my 2.0 HP compressor. I want to get a couple of the smaller guns for spraying handicap rail parts. When $20 will buy TWO guns, how can you go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS