HF HVLP setting for shellac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
For those of you with the HF HVLP gun, what have you used as your initial settings?

I will be spraying a 1.25 lb cut of shellac
nozzle size is 1.4mm
I bought have a regulator on the bottom of the gun so I can make adjustments "locally"

I know I will need some trial and error, but starting point recommendations will be a big help.

Thanks

kooshball

David
Corporate Member

I don't understand the following comment:
ext set the regulator on the gun handle to 50 psi (what I use for DP40 and K36) with the trigger pulled and leave it set there. Close the valve at the bottom of the handle (on the gun, not the regulator) and then with the trigger pulled, open it to the point where the air volume starts to stay the same (just listen to it) and leave it there (it should be pretty far open at this point).

"stay the same" as what; my air sound is smooth after only 1/4 turn but hardly anything is coming out...

Any ideas what this means?

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Thanks. I must have been lucky or there is no difference between regulating the pressure on the gun vs. on the regulator at the gun.

I set the regulator to 50psi, then only opened the air valve 3/4 turn and got a small amount of air out of the tip but it perfectly laid down the shellac with minimal over spray.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
1.25lb cut is like spraying DNA so it's hard to go wrong. You just don't want to under feed the nozzle and end up with a dry spray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors