Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Flyer from email: Note ; In store only.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mkt Code=0[/FONT]
coup_btm.jpg

Coupon didn't paste just right. Will forward the email to anyone wanting it.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
MG has that jig, we were supposed to get together and compare that one and the Rockler jig that I have. the HF jig doesn't come with a DT bit, IIRC.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
We were also trying to figure out if the extra rockler templates will fit the harbor freight jig as well. Anyone have any idea if they will?

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
seems Michael is still 'downrange' for 'bout another 5 months, at least. He has given me permission to use his shop, so I could compare the two, just can't find the time, or inclination, to bother his wife to get in the shop...

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Pete,
Hey bro you are more than welcome,,please go get/use anything you need. I have sent an email to the wife telling her that you may stop by to look/use/take some tools. If anyone needs anything and I have it let Pete know so he can arrange it everyone is more than welcome. Just let me know if anyone borrows something so I can keep track. In one of the long range plans I wanted to see if the rockler templates did in fact fit becouse they have a new Through Dovetail template that would be awesome for a dedicated drawer setup. Just food for thought. Be blessed friends.

fsdogwood

New User
Pinwu
MG has that jig, we were supposed to get together and compare that one and the Rockler jig that I have. the HF jig doesn't come with a DT bit, IIRC.

I have this same HF DT jig, #34102, put it on a piece of plywood.
Just that I haven't used it yet, search this website, it was discussed before,
and you might be able to find a link to a better versioned manual.
There was a post in rec.woodworking several years ago about how to
position the 2 pieces of wood to get good result.

HF also has templates, probably mail/web only, not in the local store.

As far as bit, I would not think you want to use even HF gives you one.
MLCS has decent bits, as well as woodcraft.

HTH.

Pinwu

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Yep I have the same thoughts that MG has on this aspect. I would like to see if the rockler through dovetail templates work on the jig to use as a dedicated droor setup.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
let me wrap up finals this week, and maybe I can compare the two sometime next week -------------- Thanks Michael!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS