Hey......

Status
Not open for further replies.

tessmtm

New User
Todd
.....All, glad to be here and look forward to learning! I love music and play a few instruments, Bass, Mandolin and Mountain Dulcimer. I fell in love with the dulcimer and now am building dulcimers, very early on in that endeavor but absoluetly love it! I am almost finished with my first instrument and look forward to my next! First is wormy maple and is going to be a good one, first one will go to my wife as she is learning to play. We grow Paulownia trees on our farm so next I want to make one out of this wood we have grown for 10 or 12 years. This is where I will need some help and advice from the great people here on this forum, thanks for a great place!:gar-Bi

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Hi Todd,

Welcome to the site ... it's nice to have another instrument maker to talk to. A friend of mine, who is a frequent visitor to this site, builds ukuleles, mandolins, etc. He has a couple of interesting web sites you might want to see. Website #1 , Website #2.

Enjoy NCWW.

Ernie

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hello Todd,

Welcome to the NCWW pile-o-sawdust. Glad you decided to join us. We do have a some other "music makers" in the group, including one who is finishing up some bagpipes. You'll hear it plenty of times... we love photos here. So, if you can, post some photos of your work.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Todd.:eusa_danc

I look forward to possibly seeing some pictures of your dulcimers posted here at the site.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts and maybe learning more about musical instrument construction.

Have fun!

Wayne

Glennbear

Glenn
Welcome Todd, it is great to see another "musical woodworker" join our club. I have little ability to play much less build an instrument. :wsmile:

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the website, Todd. Glad you found us and we look forward to your participation.

dpsnyder

Dan
Corporate Member
Welcome to the "musical" side of the woodpile. I enjoy and am learning a couple of folk instruments (mountain dulcimer and psaltery). Like to build a dulcimer at some point.

Good to have you aboard, looking forward to your pics!
Dan

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Todd. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Sounds like an interesting craft you have there. I definitely look forward to seeing some pictures of the dulcimer. Thanks so much for joining, it's great to have you here. :icon_thum

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer, Todd!
Using your own trees is intriguing. I look forward to your progress :icon_thum

Roger

nelsone

New User
Ed
Welcome. Now that you're here you'll have to take a que from Ernie and walk us through a dulcimer build like he did with the harpsicord!!!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Todd, I am glad you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums. Being able to make and play traditional stringed instruments is one my list of life's dreams...Maybe one day.
I have to let the tree-geek in my hijack this thread....Why are you growing Paulownia???...it's an exotic invasive weed, and doesn't yield the desired wood in this climate. It is a beautiful tree in flower though.

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors