Hey Phil, how about an update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
It's been a while since you filled us in on the progress of your shop build. Starting to go through withdrawal.

BTW, when is the next build party at your place? I promise to bring a tool belt next time. (and maybe one for Bas) :gar-La;

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I promise this weekend I will take some photos but it looks a lot like you saw it last except that now I have a complete roof. I seem to have forgotten how much work 13 squares of shingles are.
Lowes really stepped up and gave me a great price on roofing. The best price I could get from the three wholesale suppliers in town was almost $1200 for a 20 year roof. Lowes came in at just over $1000 for a 30 year roof - I was very happy until I realized how much more each bundle weighed.

The next two weekends I have to work but I should be able to grab a few hours this weekend and for sure take some photos

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
So when are you going to set up another "let's get this thing done" weekend?

You know we all work for food. :rotflm:

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I promise this weekend I will take some photos but it looks a lot like you saw it last except that now I have a complete roof. I seem to have forgotten how much work 13 squares of shingles are.
Lowes really stepped up and gave me a great price on roofing. The best price I could get from the three wholesale suppliers in town was almost $1200 for a 20 year roof. Lowes came in at just over $1000 for a 30 year roof - I was very happy until I realized how much more each bundle weighed.

The next two weekends I have to work but I should be able to grab a few hours this weekend and for sure take some photos

So... Which weekend were you talking about? :rotflm:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
After all you guys helped, I was able to take off the next weekend and install the roof. Since then nada, zip, nothing - I have had to work every day and I could never get more than a hour or two to work on the shop. I am not complaining, very glad to be fully employed.

Yesterday I was able to get back to building most of the day and today I should be able to get some more done.

I decided I needed to build some real steps to get in as the step ladder is a pain - so yesterday I framed a small front porch and a set of steps. This morning I am headed out to Scotts to get some decent qswo for the decking and treads. I was going to use Trex until I added the $ and realized that oak would be less and look so much better. And as my LOML reminded me, how could you use plastic leading into a woodshop. If I get them done I will post a photo

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yeah, Set it up. Try to pick a dry day this time. :gar-La;

OK, I really enjoyed having everybody over and very much appreciated the help.

So lets do it again

I know my work level is not going to slow down until Thanksgiving so as I see it the next best day would be December 3. Hopefully by then I will have enough done to be doing interior trim, lights and moving some tools in.

Everyone is welcome and I will be serving better food than the cold sandwiches we had last time

Knowing you guys are coming to get a shop up and running will be a great push to speed things up and get ready for the event

Thanks

PS the steps are almost done. :gar-Bi

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
OK, I really enjoyed having everybody over and very much appreciated the help.

So lets do it again

I know my work level is not going to slow down until Thanksgiving so as I see it the next best day would be December 3. Hopefully by then I will have enough done to be doing interior trim, lights and moving some tools in.

Everyone is welcome and I will be serving better food than the cold sandwiches we had last time

Knowing you guys are coming to get a shop up and running will be a great push to speed things up and get ready for the event

Thanks

PS the steps are almost done. :gar-Bi

Ok.

Three points:
#1. December 3rd. Are you going to have the electric turned on so we can heat the place? :gar-La;

#2. The sandwiches were great. Why get fancy?

#3. You should start a new thread for this so everyone can see it.

I checked my calendar and my social secretary has not reserved that date for me, so, I'm in.

Looking forward another great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors