Hey! I'm The Artisan Pirate

Artisan Pirate

Artisan Pirate
Corporate Member
Her Everyone!
I am The Artisan Pirate and I recently joined this site and I'm happy to be a part of it!

I first started woodworking at the age of 14 under my Pa-Paw's guidance and quickly took to the scroll saw and started cranking out projects. when I was around 19 I quit woodworking, I just lost interest and wanted to try other things as well.
When my Pa-Paw sadly passed in December of 2012, I went back out to the workshop (he had built it from the ground up and is 12foot x 24foot) to feel closer to him and have some form of closure as I wasn't able to get to him in time for a final goodbye....
Well, naturally I started to remember the good times and I started to clean the shop and get it back to looking good because the last few years of his life, Pa-Paw had let the workshop become a "catch all"
So after cleaning out the shop for about a month I lit a fire in the woodstove and sat back with a cup of coffee and just sat their remembering the man that had taught me so much. My tear filled eyes drifted over to the scroll saw (at the time a 16 inch delta saw) and thought I would do just one more project to see if I still liked scrolling.
Well....... One project led to 2, then that led to several hundred lol.

In 2017 I uploaded my first YouTube video on scrolling (its cringe worthy for me to look back on) But, I felt I had a knack for teaching so, I kept making videos and finally found a formula that worked for me.
I hope along the way I have taught you all, both young and old, a tip or trick to make your scroll sawing more enjoyable because scrolling is vert therapeutic for me, and I feel I do my best thinking while at my scroll saw.

I am in Burlington NC and I am open to teaching anyone what I have to offer. I stay humble in everything I do, but, if you come to learn from me or just to see the workshop, know that I have a good sense of humor and like to have fun in life but, I take my time teaching and take that very seriously.
I am about 18 minutes away from the Hardwood Store in Gibsonville NC and the closest Klingspor to me is the one in Cary NC, it's about an hour away

I joined this site on the recommendation of Sam Knight (knighthood creations on Instagram) and he has come down from Roxboro NC to teach me some skills on the lathe such as bowl turning and he also gave me a crash course on Lightburn Software for laser engraving. I cannot thank Sam enough and he is also a great teacher.

I am primarily a scroll saw artist but, I do dabble on the lathe and CNC machines and now getting into some laser projects.

I am happy to help out and offer my advice to anyone and I am easily reached on my social medias If anyone wants to chat shop or just chat in general!

Thanks for letting me on this site and I look forward to interacting with everyone! Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• 320477926_592090599349227_6231893599602434490_n.jpg
    320477926_592090599349227_6231893599602434490_n.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 105

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Welcome Tyler! I follow you on IG and YT and enjoy the stuff you make. Keep up the good work! Sam is a great guy and a good friend of mine also. Welcome to the group!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Tyler welcome to the forum. I am another scroll saw nut. I dabble in 3d projects, intarsia, and whatever I see that peaks my interest. I live in Littleton which is about two hours to the north of you and I boast of having the only shop with a water view on three sides.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Tyler,
We are glad you found us and enjoyed talking with you at the Klingspor Extravaganza.
Sam is GREAT people and I am happy he encouraged you to be a part of the forum.

I too follow you on IG and have "liked" a number of your YT videos - keep up the GREAT work!

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum Tyler. We are glad to have you here. We look forward to you sharing your continuing story with us.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS