Hey from Steve in Holly Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdhor

New User
Steve
Hi

I am an expat Kiwi (ie. I was born and raised in New Zealand) and have been living in the US for a little over five years.

I have been a long time woodworker on and off since age 11. Unfortunately, when I moved here I had to leave all my power tools behind (mainly because of the different voltage requirements - 240V vs 110V but also weight considerations) so I am slowly rebuilding my arsenal. So far I have a table saw and chop saw. I would love a jointer, planer and router but that's up to she who must be obeyed.

I found this site way back in 2006 and have been lurking ever since. I am a bit on the shy side and tend to keep to myself.

Anyway, that's enough about me. Thanks for reading.

Best Regards

Steve

Oh, BTW. If you are wondering about my user name, that was the name I came up with as my alter ego when playing Dungeons & Dragons back in my University days.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Hello and welcome!

I am guessing you aren't far from me since your profile says Cary and this thread says Holly Springs. I am near 1010 and Kildaire.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Hey Steve, welcome to NCWW!

We have something in common.... my sawmill was made in New Zealand! I have a Peterson WPF model, which is manufactured in Rotorua, NZ. It's a great tool and the support folks back in NZ are great. From the photo's that I've seen of the country, it has some spectacular scenery.

Scott

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Steve. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap My brother and sister in law live in New Zealand. Anyway, glad to have you here and you've found the right group of folks to talk you into buying more tools. :gar-La;

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the NCWW pile-o-sawdust. Glad you decided to jump in.

When I was in Army and living in Europe, I had a a couple of friends who were from Hamilton, NZ.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome again, Steve!:icon_cheers

Lots of experience and good folks here at the site always willing to lend a helping hand or suggest ways for you to spend your tool budget.:wsmile:

Jump in, post often and enjoy.

Wayne

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Great to have you join us here in our little slice of the wonderful world of woodworking. :icon_thum

Now... do you have a shed or a shop? I know when I went to Australia I was invited on a "shed crawl". That's when I learned that a shed was a building used for woodworking :gar-Bi.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Steve, I am glad you finally joined us. I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing some pictures of your work, shop, or anything else of interest.
See you around!!!

Dave:)

mpallen826

New User
Mike
Hey Steve

As a newbie myself, I look forward to exchanging ideas and chat with the group! Hope you post some of your projects as I intend to as well. :XXcompute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors