Hey Camera guys do you know

Status
Not open for further replies.

timf67

New User
Tim
I don't know anything about that particular model, but the brand is usually well thought of. also, keep in mind that as the cameras get bigger from a megapixel standpoint the older ones like this on are getting cheaper. I have seen similar cameras on sale at electronics stores for similar prices. You may want to check out a store and test drive one...

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I'm guessing you've read the reviews online.

For $60 I don't think it's a bad deal. It'll definitely be a lot better than your cell phone ;-) Just make sure to pick up some rechargeable AA's.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I'm guessing you've read the reviews online.

For $60 I don't think it's a bad deal. It'll definitely be a lot better than your cell phone ;-) Just make sure to pick up some rechargeable AA's.

Nope - didn't think about reading those
:gar-La; Yea you are right about that cell phone picture taking - :nah:

cpw

Charles
Corporate Member
Don't know anything about their digital models, but before the digital age started I had a Pentax K1000 SLR. Good solid basic 35mm camera. Served me well.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I would seem to think it's priced about right and I personally don't think it's at the better end of digital cameras. With that said, it probably isn't bad either. The LCD screen is a bit small for my liking, but that's a personal preference. Budget also comes into play.

I would consider holding out for a better one. Canon's have served me well in digital form over the years, and my newest Panasonic is the best yet dollar for dollar.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I have read a couple of the "reviews" on this one and I think that I will trash this idea and wait and see what else I can find with in our budget = thanks everyone for your input:icon_thum

mbeach

New User
Mike
Phillip,

Coming from a guy who makes his living as a photographer... I would stick with one of the 3 leading cameras on the market. This goes for low end all the way up to high end pro cameras. Nikon, Fuji, and Canon. Canon being #2, then Nikon, then Fuji... and I will add in Sony as #4 (only for low end-middle end consumer cameras). You should be able to get a good camera for around 125-150.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Mike

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Phillip,

Coming from a guy who makes his living as a photographer... I would stick with one of the 3 leading cameras on the market. This goes for low end all the way up to high end pro cameras. Nikon, Fuji, and Canon. Canon being #2, then Nikon, then Fuji... and I will add in Sony as #4 (only for low end-middle end consumer cameras). You should be able to get a good camera for around 125-150.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Mike
What's #1 for you Mike?

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm all for more megapixels in a photo, but if you're attempting to download the pics here, be sure to get a model that allows adjustment of the pixel density so your photo doesn't go up beyond the 1mb threshold. That's been a problem with my Canon I just learned about managing after the last Shop Crawl.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I've been using Irfanview for a few years to resize and edit (if needed). I know it's inferior to photoshop, but it's free.

I had a Fuji $100 digital camera before the Nikon that we have now. Took some of the best pictures I've ever seen with that one. :eek:

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I have read a couple of the "reviews" on this one and I think that I will trash this idea and wait and see what else I can find with in our budget = thanks everyone for your input:icon_thum

Good Idea Phillip,

I know I am a little late, but I have had those type of cameras with AA & or AAA batteries and they eat batteries up. I don't like any camera that has those batteries.

I have an older Panasonic lumix fX7 with shakey hand feature. You can shake you hand literally and the picture comes out clear. I was going to upgrade to the newer model at the time. And the Newer one pictures were blurry when I did that. Everyone at the store wanted to buy mine.:rotflm:

I know you can get these on eBay. And this come with a rechargeable battery. I bought an extra, so when I go on trip I have a back up. Plus the charger is small and packs nicely anywhere, even you pocket.

See:
panasonic_lumix_fx7_on.jpg
panasonic_lumix_fx7_back.jpg
panasonic_lumix_fx7_bottom.jpg

Size comparison, It's small. I like it:banana:
panasonic_lumix_fx7_size_comparison1.jpg

Here's a review I found with pictures the person took with the camera: http://www.digicamreview.co.uk/panasonic_lumix_fx7_review.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS