Help setting up a PM2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

rywilson

New User
Ryan
I was able to follow the directions and get the saw together. However since this is my first "real" table saw I'm not sure how exact I need to get the part in-line. I put a straight edge to the table and it does not look perfect. This could be a result of the straight edge, saw-top or both. The directions also call for the front rail to be exactly 2 and 27/32 below the top. I can get it there and crank down the screws but it seams to move out off of that measurement.

Is there anyone out there willing to give a hand and make sure I have this thing setup perfect? well at least setup in good working order.

I live in the Rolesville/Wake Forest area.

T

toolferone

I could come tonight after 8pm (after I put the girls down) I have put together over 60 cabinet saws.

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Tom,

That's a noble offer, but he would probably be better off with someone with a liitle more experience than merely sixty tablesaws. After all, a PM2000 is approaching a serious piece of machinery.

:eusa_danc

T

toolferone

Tom,

That's a noble offer, but he would probably be better off with someone with a liitle more experience than merely sixty tablesaws. After all, a PM2000 is approaching a serious piece of machinery.

:eusa_danc

That is just the cabinet saws! If you factor in all the contractor saws the number goes up considerably, and that is just saws!

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Can you clamp the rail down tight after positioning it and then snug up the screws? I had to come up with a gauge block jig when I installed my homemade Beisemeyer rails.

rywilson

New User
Ryan
Many thanks to Tom for stopping by and making sure everything got setup correctly. It was not as bad as I had thought.

To prove it happened here is a pic.

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Ohhh, pretty. May I be the first to tell you that you SUCK with the proper photographic proof. At least the first in this thread, I am sure that Tom provided proper suckage in person.
Tom.....:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Ditto the You Suck!! on a fantastic looking machine. :eusa_danc

It looks like there is a trail of water on the floor originating from the fridge. That makes me wonder how many beverages it takes to check alignment on a TS assy. :eusa_thin

Chuck

rywilson

New User
Ryan
I think the defrosting unit on the fridge is broken so I was manually defrosting. After all why spend money to fix a fridge when you can use that toward new tools :wsmile:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
To prove it happened here is a pic.

showphoto.php
showphoto.php

Major, MAJOR, MAJOR SUCKAGE to you. That is a _nice_ looking table saw. I can even see the fence is aligned :)

Tom - major kudos for helping out :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

sapwood

New User
Roger
Now that's Pure Gold, Ryan!
Congrats on a fine piece of machinery :eusa_danc

Dang Tom! Not only are you generous and competent . . . your response time is unequaled :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Roger

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
That Tom Ferone, he's a heck of a guy ain't he:icon_thum.

And as far as the saw goes:
You Suck !

Jimmy:)

T

toolferone

Okay guys I'm blushing over here!! I was just in the right place at the right time. I really didn't do much, but was glad I could help.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Ryan nice saw by the way and way to get it all together and ready to use so fast. You Beat Me....Yup...Well I do have an excuse....The repair men for the broken sprocket to raise the casters just fixed the part on the 24th...Now I am in the perdicament you were in... I need help putting my PM2000 saw together. Know of any wood workers close to Goldsboro (Saulston) area? Welp, Congrats and of course YOU SUCK, but only because your's is ready to go and mine is not....Oh and I don't have 220volt yet...Man I totally don't suck in a good way.

Matthew and Rachel
Custom Home Audio
M&R Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS