HELP - Raffle Tickets

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
Help
Despite my best and repeated efforts, I cannot complete an order for raffle tickets. The card is good elsewhere, so...
Ed Fasano

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ed, Your card wasn't charged - I see 4 emails from our card processor where you were declined and one for Debra. Private message me your email address and I'll forward one to you - not much info about why they're declined but maybe you can tell something from them. Could it be the 3 digit code on the back of the card? Just guessing.

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
Just FYI, I tried my MasterCard credit card again and again. I double and triple-checked all of the entries and tried all caps, etc. The system would not accept the credit card. The reasons for declination seemed to vary. There was no legitimate financial reason for a process denial.
The system did however accept my Visa debit card.
In any case, I hope that the site is not losing potential income from folks who are unable to make a credit card ticket purchase.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ron, our webmaster may have found a solution. The type of decline that Ed got was not from our card processor but was from his. When our processor approved it and sent it to his card company they declined it. This might be caused by some card processors rejecting "gambling" transactions. We have taken the word "raffle" out of the description of the purchase. It now says "purchase nn tickets" instead of "purchase nn raffle tickets".

It may seem silly to some that purchasing raffle tickets would be considered gambling, but we ran into this with PayPal as a card processor. They refused to handle our raffle ticket transactions at all so we had to use another service back when we used PayPal as a processor for donations. We now have an excellent card processor, Equity Payments. Their president is a woodworker and donates their fees to us. They have no such restrictions and we can't beat the price of the service.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused thus far and we hope the new verbiage will resolve the issue.

Ken, Treasurer, NCWW

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
My VISA was declined but my AMEX went thru, couldn't see anything wrong w/ the VISA info when I tried.

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
I'm having issues also. I get the "declined" message every time. No tickets and my credit card has not been charged.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS