Help please from a High Point, NC woodworker

Status
Not open for further replies.

lnelson

New User
Larry
I hope that someone reasonably local to the High Point, NC area can help me out. I am fairly new to North Carolina and as a result most of my woodworking tools are still buried deep in our storage unit. I am having "sawdust withdrawls" resulting from the separation from my tools so have been working on some handtool-type projects until I can get a new shop set-up. I am working on some canoe paddles and could really use 10-15 minutes access to someone's 14" bandsaw to do a bit of the cutout work on the paddle handles. If anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Larry Nelson
(336) 266-7017

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would be more than happy to help you out, although I am a little outside of your area. I am sure some of the more local members will chime in soon and offer to lend a hand. After all that is what we are about, friends helping friends.
Dave:)

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I'm home starting Friday for a week if you wat to drive to Concord. Would love to show you what your Ash turned into.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I work near the farmer's Market on I-40 but I live 50 miles North near Mt. Airy.

You are welcome to use my shop if you don't mind the drive.

My son is building some paddles too. I'm sure he'd like to talk to you about it, but he's out in NM at The Scout Camp for another week.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
I guess that I'm the closest to offer so far. I'm right off I-85 exit 60 in Kannapolis. I have a 16" bandsaw and I'm available almost anytime.

Charley

T

tmwassack

Greetings from Asheboro!
Larry,
Your welcome to use my equipment. I'm located SE of Asheboro off NC Hwy 42S. The bill paying job ends @ 5:00 PM daily, but evenings or Saturdays are okay. I would prefer not to work on Sunday. You can reach me evenings @ 629.5638.

Respectfully,
Tom Wassack

lnelson

New User
Larry
Thanks for the offer Dave; you were right, I did get a closer fellow woodworked to allow me a bit of bandsaw time. Thanks for the offer though.

Larry

lnelson

New User
Larry
Thanks for the offer Mike- I need to run down to the Charlotte area next week so will stop by one of the guys down there. I appreciate the offer.

Regards,

Larry

lnelson

New User
Larry
Thanks for the offer Tom. I have to run down to Charlotte next week so stopping one of the guys local down there should be the best plan for me. I do appreciate your offer though.

Regards,

Larry

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Larry, I am an hour to the west of High Point, a few miles off Hwy 421. I got power tools......
talent :dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS