Help me price machines I want to sell

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
Powermatic floor mortise with numerous Jet bits. Older, non-tilting model. I was going to price it at $500 but I’m seeing benchtop PM priced @ $4-600.

Bosch axial glide miter saw.

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
Unless very special, one usually asks about 1/2 full retail. Just my viewpoint but it seems to be around the norm.
The question is is that 1/2 of the original price, or today's retail? The latter would put you near many purchase prices. Of course, I have a few things where the current model has a change or two which may be desirable/not which complicates things too.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Yea, the last years price increases have been brutal. But if a current model... Vintage is harder. Things like a table saw without a riving knife I would not give a dime for. But a really good old drill press with a split head and Reeves drive would be very desirable. Personally, my morticing machine is a Narlex :)

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
I don’t think I can ask 1/2 of retail on the mortiser. It’s probably 20 years old and lack features of the new models.

I’ll post it at $600 if it sells in 6 hours I know it’s too cheap.

wsrhue

wyattspeightrhue
User
I sold a Powermatic 320 last year for $850 on FB Marketplace. A guy from PA came down for it.

wsrhue

wyattspeightrhue
User
1674270930637.png

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors