HELP! Bandsaw not cutting parallel to stock edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis

New User
Travis
I am trying to make 3/8" check cuts on 3 1/2" wide tenons. The problem is the bandsaw is not cutting parallel. I have the saw set up correctly with a new blade. Blade is square to the table, table is square to the fence, fence is parallel to the blade, the stock is square but the cuts are off. They are wider at the bottom and narrow at the top. It is an absolute riddle to me. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Take a look at the pic below for a visual.

wood_storage_0021.jpg

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
is the blade centered on the top wheel? check the tension also. if all else fails bring it over and i'll chek it out when i get around tuit!:-D maybe it needs a few months at club fred?:roll:

Monty

New User
Monty
A tall auxiliary fence might help. That's a big piece of stock you're working with, and even though you're trying not to, you might be tilting it slightly over the fence as you advance through the blade. Make a tall fence that will fully support the stock as you press against it.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Sounds like the blade isn't centered on the wheel. Look at the blade placement on the wheel. If it's perfectly centered it should cut fairly straight, however if it's forward (front) of the wheel or backward (back) of the wheel it will drift.

If I remember correctly, on the front of the wheel will drift right and on the back of the wheel will drift left.

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Too low a tension and/or too fast a feed speed can let or cause the blade to drift like what you are seeing. Also, the wider the blade the better for this type cut.
Rob

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Travis---- Is the work piece perfectly square? Just one more thing to check. When I have a similar problem I take nothing for granted.

Jerry

Travis

New User
Travis
This is what I love about this online club, answers to problems. Soon as I read the response I ran downstairs and checked the position of the bade on the wheel. Made an adjustment and cut thick at the top. Adjusted the other way and presto - perfect cut. Now that I think about it, it probably twist the blade not to have it centered.

Thanks.

DSC06663.JPG

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
This is what I love about this online club, answers to problems. Soon as I read the response I ran downstairs and checked the position of the bade on the wheel. Made an adjustment and cut thick at the top. Adjusted the other way and presto - perfect cut. Now that I think about it, it probably twist the blade not to have it centered.

Thanks.

DSC06663.JPG

DARN!!!! doeth that meaneth no minimax [orwas that a laguna?]in my shop right away?:-? i was kinda countin on it....:rolf:

fred

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Oh no, my Mini Max is staying right where she belongs!!!!

If you had hit me up last year when I was having trouble, I would have considered it, but since the parts deal got straightened out, no way, no how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS