Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop pop

New User
Tom
My name is Tom. I am 66 years old and operate Pop-pops-Workshop. This is a private, personal hobby wood-shop that I built myself (with the help of a contractor friend). I am a woodworker, not a framer or structural engineer. When my grandson Logan (then 4 yrs old) saw the building for the first time he said "this is pop pops workshop" so the name stuck.

I moved to Charlotte 5 years ago with my wife and best friend Betty. Two of our sons and our grandchildren had moved to Charlotte a few years earlier. I had 35years in the commercial printing trade and decided to leave "corporate life" I was only 59 years old at the time and moved my car out of my garage in Toms River, NJ and turned the one car attached garage into my workshop. I began taking on jobs as a home handyman and did quite well. I built a fairly good size business with a number of repeat customers. I never advertised but only grew by referrals and leads from the local hardware store.

I was researching a finishing question and stumbled onto this website. After reading a little of the history and policies of the community I decided to sign up.

I have a new web site and I would encourage you to have a look at some of my work. The site address is www.pop-pops-workshop.com. You will have to access the site directly, I do not have any access set up through search-engines. I anticipate keeping this as a hobby. I take in PIA (problem) jobs from area contractors and their referred clients. I look forward to using this site as a resource for expanding my knowledge and enjoyment of woodworking.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Hey Tom - Welcome. As you will soon figure out, here at NCWW we love pictures - so keep posting with whatever you are busy with. I look forward to your questions, input and pictures!

Henry

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Welcome to our little sawdust pile on the web, glad you joined in. You have already discovered that this is a great community we have here, so feel free to join in a conversation or ask away

We love pics and here are 2 links that will help explain how to upload pics to your gallery and post them.

To upload pics

To post pics

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Tom. Looking forward to your contributions and comments.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Welcome Tom, and congrats on "living the dream"

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to our site, Tom!

BTW ....Very nice looking website there. :icon_thum

Looking forward to reading your future posts and seeing some pictures of your work.

Wayne

Pop pop

New User
Tom
Welcome to our site, Tom!

BTW ....Very nice looking website there. :icon_thum

Looking forward to reading your future posts and seeing some pictures of your work.

Wayne

Thanks for checking out the website! Updates are coming.

Pop pop

New User
Tom
Thanks for the reply. I played for 13 years at Albert Music Hall in Forked River. My wife and I are going to visit next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS