Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

truckjohn

New User
John
Hey all,

Wanted to say Hi.
Was out of the woodworking world for a couple years.... and building a guitar called me back. Finished my 1st acoustic guitar, then found you guys here.

I'm over in Seneca, SC and wondering if anyone on the board is nearby.

Thanks

John

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome, John. There are some members down in SC, though not sure how far they may be from Seneca.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome John, I am glad that you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing some pictures of your work. I find Luthierie fascinating. And it seems that the Luthiers have been coming out of the woodwork today. We had two fine guitar makers from Raleigh join up today.

Dave:)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
John, welcome to the site! We have a few folks who make guitars. When you make a musical instrument, we require not only pics, but sound files :)

Jim

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, John!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Sure would like to some pictures of some of your work.

I look forward to reading more posts of yours directed to the art building guitars.

Have fun!

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site John. Please post some pictures of the guitar when you get a chance. We'd love to see it. I look forward to your input in the forums. :icon_thum

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to the best WWing site on the whole WWW, John!

It's all I can do to "build" a picture frame. I can't imagine building a guitar!:dontknow:

Please post some pics so we can admire your work and enjoy the site.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Welcome to a friendly and welcoming environment. Compared to some wood working websites, this one is civil and is a pleasure to come to.
Seneca isn't too far from lots of us. Hope you jump in and make yourself at home here. As you're gathering pictures are anticipated and appreciated.
There's something here for everyone. Looking forward to see your work.

jamie

jamie
Senior User
Welcome to the site, John!

Since nobody mentioned it:rotflm:, don't forget to post some pics when they get the flash-thing taken care of!

truckjohn

New User
John
I stuck some pix of my most recent/current guitar in the Gallery.

Not so easy to navigate those pages.... there doesn't seem to be a "Next Page" selection... so it just displays the 1st 12 users in each letter section.... Maybe I missed it in there...

Anyway, here it is... there are a couple more pix in the gallery. (I am not too savvy about pic loading and such....)

Ditson_Build_135.JPG

Ditson_build_137.JPG

It is based on an old Martin Ditson Grand Concert size (small guitar, 14" lower bout, 10 1/2" upper bout, 24.9" scale.)

This is a great little guitar -- it sounds like a Dread but is so small....

I still got a little work to do -- fretboard side marker dots and some varnish touch ups...

Thanks for looking.

John

Last edited:

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Welcome John, I'm just down the road near Liberty/Pendleton. You'll enjoy NCWW, even us 'immigrants' are welcome! ;-)
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS