Hello to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy

New User
Roy Smith
My name is Roy and I live in Mount Holly. I am originally from the Asheville area and moved here about 17 years ago. I currently am a mainframe systems programmer, but I plan to retire in 2-3 years and devote more time to my hobbies.

Woodworking is a hobby that I have been doing for a long time, but I really got serious about it 3 years ago when my wife wanted new kitchen cabinets. Instead of buying new ones, I decided to reface the existing cabinets and build new doors. I also built stained glass panels to go in the upper doors. The project turned out great and is one of the most satisfying woodworking projects I have done. Now, she has decided that we need a new bedroom suite, so I am starting on that.

In addition to woodworking, I have been building stained glass panels and Tiffany reproduction lampshades for the last 6 years. I find that this hobby blends well with woodworking since many projects can merge the two.

I am glad I found this web site and hope to share ideas and tips with other members.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Howdy Roy,

Thanks for joining. Some of us need all the help we can get.:lol:

Seems we haven't had too many folks from the Charlotte area (no insult intended). Looking forward to your input.

Why Not?
Sapwood

frankson

New User
Jeff
Roy,

Welcome to NC WW!

Your bio caught my interest, as my wife is looking for me to insert glass panels into 4 of our cabinet doors. Do you have any lessons learned to share? Did you replace hinges to support added weight of glass? What kind?

Any suggestions would be welcomed

thanks,

Frankson

Roy

New User
Roy Smith
I used standard hinges and have had no problem. When I get a chance, I will try to post a picture of them.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
WELCOME!!!!! Roy, isn't it great to make something that turns out really well (often better than you expected) and get the chance to admire it everyday.Thanks for posting your info. and I look forward talking with you and picking your brain in the future. Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS