Hello, I am new to this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLEDGERS CRAFT

New User
outdoorjohn
I am a builder of Wood Strip Kayaks. I build them from Western Red Cedar, Redwood and White Ash. I have a website, pledgerscraft.com where you are able to see, purchase and order a kayak. I can custom build a boat to your specifications or you may purchase a boat from my existing inventory. At present there are two boats in inventory. I show these boats at Paddle Creek Outfitters in Raleigh, NC. I welcome emails on how to do a better job.
Thank you for your time.
John Pledger

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
John,

welcome to the site! I am including here, a direct link to your site. Great looking boats. I became interested in small craft construction when UNC-TV ran a program several years ago about some guy building a stitch and glue kayak from Pygmy boats. I think that is totally cool that you are building a business out of the craft. I may, someday, have to pick your brains rather considerably.
I think you will find the site here to be pretty informative!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome John,

Those are awesome looking kayaks. :icon_thum Glad you joined us an look forward to your input. You may want to include weblink in User Profile so folks can have one-click access. Pledgers Craft

Roger

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, John.

Your watercraft are truly beautiful! I have just added your website to our Link Library (under Member Commerce Sites), so perhaps others will find it while browsing this site. We would love to hear more about your methods and, as you'll find around here, we love pictures, so a Photo Gallery with pictures of your shop and work in progress would be terrific.

Happy to have you on board and look to see more threads.

P.S. - About 25 years ago, I took a 3-day class in small boat building at Mystic Seaport from the venerable John Gardner, a true New England small boat historian and craftsman. I've wanted to build a small rowing boat ever since, but never have... I guess it's just the stuff dreams are made of...

Rob

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
John, welcome to the best WoodWorking site on the whole WWW! There a lots of great folks here always willing to share. Looking forward to your contributions. Those are some nice looking kayaks :icon_thum

brent innc

New User
Brent
Nice work. Especially like the darker one. I have never seen one in that color/finish. Really like the upturned bow also.:eusa_clap

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
WOW.........awesome looking kayaks John.:icon_thum Welcome to NCWW, I look forward to seeing more of your work.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS