Hello from the Foothills

Scrapcutter

New User
Robert
Hello from Caldwell County. I learned about this forum from a member on another forum. I've done a few small projects through the years. I retired almost a year ago and now have more time to devote to this hobby. I'm interested in doing some bandsaw boxes, and hoping to make a hammered dulcimer later on. And as (or if) skills improve some larger pieces such as a hall table and end tables.

tghsmith

tghs
User
welcome, great group here, I built a dulcimer from a good set of plans that included plans for the needed jigs to aid in building,,

Attachments

• IMGP2785.JPG
    IMGP2785.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMGP2786.JPG
    IMGP2786.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 58

Scrapcutter

New User
Robert
Thank you to all for the welcomes. I'm looking forward to being a part of the forum. I will probably have more questions than comments.

Scrapcutter

New User
Robert
welcome, great group here, I built a dulcimer from a good set of plans that included plans for the needed jigs to aid in building,,
That looks good. have looked at kits but there is something about doing it yourself. Where did you find the plans if I can ask?

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Robert,
We are glad you found us and a little envious that you are retired and have more time for the hobby! LOL
Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

tghsmith

tghs
User
I looked and the place is no longer,, I bought the plans, strings and pins and the top sound board.. the rest I sourced locally..

Scrapcutter

New User
Robert
I looked and the place is no longer,, I bought the plans, strings and pins and the top sound board.. the rest I sourced locally..
Thank you for looking. Musicmakers has full size plans and hardware kits for a 17/16 which is the size I want anyway. I didn't notice if they carry soundboards. Probably a ways off on doing it, a lot of projects in front of it. Thank you again.

Scrapcutter

New User
Robert
Welcome Robert,
We are glad you found us and a little envious that you are retired and have more time for the hobby! LOL
Looking forward to seeing some of your work.
Thank you for the welcome. It is surprising how busy a person can get even being retired. There are some house and outdoor projects that will take precedence for another month or so. It's all good though.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Willkommen! And bienvenue! Welcome!
Fremder, étranger, stranger
Glücklich zu sehen
Je suis enchanté
Happy to see you
Bleibe, reste, stay

Well, now, does this make two from Caldwell County, NC?

Don't want to get crowded ;)

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors