Hello from Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary_C

New User
Gary
Hello everybody...just found this group and glad I found it. I'm a complete newbie at woodworking. Since I'm so green you can bet I'll be lurking, reading and asking lots of questions!

I joined the TechShop in Raleigh that gives me access to a complete woodshop (and lots of other resources as well). I've taken a few courses...some basic orientation to wood shop power tools and a basic lathe class. Working on a couple projects to try to develop some skills. Building a set of end tables and working on some christmas ornaments on the lathe.

Having lots of fun so far....

Gary

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Gary. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. As a newbie to woodworking, I would suggest you try to read every post, regardless of the topic. The responses to questions are a great educational tool for any woodworker, not just beginners. After more than 40 years at this hobby, I'm amazed at how much I don't know, but there is always someone on this site that does, and is willing to share their knowledge and expertise. It's a great site! :icon_thum

Bill

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Greetings there, Gary!:icon_cheers

Welcome to the site.

I just really got into woodworking a little more seriously about 6 years ago shortly after I retired. I immediately joined this community and can say that the membership has taught me a ton. They are always there for the answers and for that matter; willing to lend a helping hand at all times.

Post often and don't forget to show us some pictures of your work for us.

Wayne

Last edited:

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard Gary...you will learn a ton from these folks....I have...We also have a club in Raleigh that meets once a month....Triangle Woodworkers....come check it out...:eek:ccasion1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS