Hello from north of the border...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess Pidlin

New User
John Anderson
(still in Dixie though). Hello to all, my name is John Anderson, and I accidently stumbled across your site a couple of days ago. My spam blocker was determined that I was not to become a member:nah:, but with help from Dave O:qleft7:, here I am. Thanks again Dave.

I'll bore you with a little about myself. I am retired, and my wonderful wife, whom I've been blessed with for 46 years, and I live on the family farm approximately 40 miles north of Danville Va. We have 3 children, and 7 grandchildren.

Being retired, when my friends asked what I was doing with my time, my reply was usually "oh, just pidling", thus my forum name is "Jess Pidlin".

Living on a farm, I've worked with wood for most of my life, but got serious about it approximately 20 years ago when I moved the vehicles out of the "garage" and it instantly became a "shop":mrgreen:. My personal tastes are Early American/Colonial, and Shaker-style as these fit the style of my ~150-year old farm house, however, I build to suit the customer.

You would think after 20 years, one would know something:dontknow:, however I find the more I learn, the more there is to learn, so I'll be calling on you all from time to time, and maybe I can add a comment or two now and then.

Again, hello to all.

Y'all have a gooden...

Jess

Glennbear

Glenn
Welcome and greetings from another VA resident. :icon_thum I am sure you will find that there are a lot of great folks here and let me be the first to say what you will likely hear from many others.........WE LOVE PICTURES :wsmile:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to our sawdust pile Jess. Rule one states no pictures mean it did not happen. Rule two states see Rule one.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Cool avatar there, Jess!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Welcome to site! I am sure that your experience, you'll provide a ton of input to our forums. Of course along with pictures of your work, shop and tools.

Have fun and oh ya. There are a buch of us retired guys here that pidle around in sawdust a lot!:embaresse:embaresse:embaresse

Looking forward to your input and posts.

Wayne

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome, Jess. As you can see by my avatar, I go by "JackLeg." My dad always said I was a "JackLeg mechanic, electrician, plumber, farmer, etc." so I'm trying to add woodworking skills to my JackLeg category!!
:gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;

You'll enjoy this bunch. Lots of knowledge and advice here, and lots of friends to be made.

Come see us sometime!

:wsmile:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome to the friendliest woodworking site on the internet. We are glad that you joined.

FuzzWuzz16

New User
Jim Fossler
WELCOME, "Jess!" GREAT Name and way of coming up with it! :eusa_clap
Hope you enjoy the sawdust here. There are great people here.
We LOVE pictures here!

Looking forward to seeing some of your work.
Jim

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Jess. This is a great group of folks. Please feel free to jump right in. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome John, I am glad that we got you straight and registered. I look forward to your input in the forums and seeing some of your work.

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS