Hello from Marion

Wcutrout

New User
Matt
Hi,

I am a newbie to the site and to woodworking in general. I work in the glass business (shower doors, windows, mirrors, glass of all types) but am excited to try out working with wood. I am lucky enough to be able to have acquired a handful of tools from a guy that sold out his woodworking shop (jointer, table saw, routers, band saw, spindle sander, dust collector, etc). I have also acquired some white oak slabs and they are currently in a kiln drying out. It wont be long and we'll be making something!

I look forward to figuring it out and learning from the forums.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome to the wonderful world of woodworking.

I made stained glass windows back in the 80s, old school. Cut by hand with soldered lead came. Made some for businesses and churches up to 4x8feet.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Matt!
Look forward to see what you do with your new-found hobby!

vinson

Doug
Corporate Member
Hi Matt
Welcome. You will enjoy this forum. I live down the road on I40 AT Conover. I am building a grandfather clock and need some glass, some with a curved side. Does your company do this?
Thanks,
Doug

stevenross

steven
User
Welcome Matt - I am close; live in Rutherfordton but work in Marion. "Someday" I hope to do some woodworking - currently just a dreamer. Happy to lend a hand if needed.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Welcome to the dustpile Matt. I am up top the hill just west of you on 40 in the dark city. Come down your way to avoid the odd city just to my west. Jump in when you can and make yourself at home. I can't believe no one mentioned they love pictures!

Wcutrout

New User
Matt
Hi Matt
Welcome. You will enjoy this forum. I live down the road on I40 AT Conover. I am building a grandfather clock and need some glass, some with a curved side. Does your company do this?
Thanks,
Doug
Hey Doug, we do have a vendor for curved glass but I think you have to offer up a kidney or first born son as payment. But, I don’t mind a bit checking into it for you. Give me a call at McDowell Glass 828-724-9999. Flat glass is no problem at all.

Wcutrout

New User
Matt
Welcome to the dustpile Matt. I am up top the hill just west of you on 40 in the dark city. Come down your way to avoid the odd city just to my west. Jump in when you can and make yourself at home. I can't believe no one mentioned they love pictures!
I got ya! I love the dark city a whole lot more than a the odd one. I love all the great food options.
I like pictures too. Once I get the shop setup and start doing some things I will definitely share.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors