Hello from map dot Roper

Patrick Rose

New User
pwrww
Hello all,
I have been watching the forum for a while but never posted until I had a problem and in doing so forgot that I should be doing an introduction first. Here ya go

Originally from Roper NC but left to spend 21 years in the service (6 years Army as a Machinist and 15 years USCG as a Marine Electronics Technician). I retired in 2011 and was living across the Albemarle Sound in Edenton until 2019 when I finally found a house in Roper that had a place for my hobbies. My first and main hobby was small time farming, and not the field farming type, greenhouse and hydroponics type of farming. My second hobby is woodworking, which I have been doing since I was a kid going to visit my grandfather who was also a hobbyist woodworker. Taking a piece of wood and turning it into something was amazing to me back then, like magic of sorts. Any who fast-forward to now and my grandfather had passed several years ago at a ripe old age of 93, but almost all of his woodworking gear is sitting in my shop. It is the one thing that may never get used since I have my own equipment, but it also will never get tossed.
While my primary and life supporting money comes from being a Program Manager for government contracts, I still try to sell off some of my woodworking items to help support the hobby. Though the years of my woodworking I have made a few very special things as most have, and right now I am currently working on one of my "top of the list" special item which is a slab coin box for my dad who collects coins. This box has some of the most precise measurements, cuts, and joinery that I have ever done, except for the one little piece of board that wants to bow. Look up my threads to see the post on this, but this is what enticed me to make a post in the forum.

I try not to post to much because I have a habit of being long winded, and that is not always beneficial to someone trying to read a post because they get bored and start skipping through and missing things that I can't seem to shorten down to the important stuff.
So, this is my intro, and while I am no expert woodworker, I hope that maybe somewhere along the way I can help someone with what I do know, be it woodworking or something else.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum, we are glad you found us.

Thank you for your service and your continued application of your knowledge to a needed problem - Program Management of government contracts! LOL

I think you will like it here - and you probably think that to since you are posting your "About me" post.

PLEASE, stay engaged, share your pictures, keep asking questions - if you have them, someone else did or does too!

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS