Hello from Lake Norman

pensbystephen

New User
Yorkie
Hi, everyone. I live in the Lake Norman area, just north of Charlotte. Originally from England, I moved over here to marry my penpal 24 years ago and, funnily enough, most of my woodworking is pen making and I have collectors of my pens all over the world.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I will be closer to you this evening. My son lives in Rock Hill and needs a little help with his old pickup. I told him I would arrive about 5pm.

FlyingRon

Ron
Welcome. I'm on the Lake as well (Sherrills Ford area). I haven't yet made pens, but I collect vintage fountain pens (and I've got a few hand turned ones from friends).

pensbystephen

New User
Yorkie
Welcome. I'm on the Lake as well (Sherrills Ford area). I haven't yet made pens, but I collect vintage fountain pens (and I've got a few hand turned ones from friends).

Good to know. I would be very happy to give you a session on turning pens and on my CA technique, which took me 2 years to perfect. Also, I'm going to be selling all of my woodworking tools and exotic lumber in July which are all high end Jet, Delta and Powermatic and hardly used.

Delta Unisaw with 52" beisemeyer and all the options
Jet 15" 3HP bandsaw
Jet 22/44 drum sander
Jet 16" planer
Jet Edge belt sander
Powermatic 6" helical jointer
Router table with Mast-R-Lift 2 and every possible high end Jessem and woodpecker option/accessory
Plus, some high quality exotic lumber and all kinds of fences, miter guages and accessories.

Everything is lightly used and top of the line and very well cared for.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Yorkie. I have turned more porch balusters than pens. I looked over your pens - you have made some beauties.

FlyingRon

Ron
CHRIS CRAFT?
Actually, it's a 1983 Grand Craft (Hull Number 8). It's designed to look like a 1929 Chris Craft above the waterline, but has a faster hull below. It was done by some ex-Chris Craft employees when Chris Craft got out of the wooden boat business.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Isn't it Pens, planes and Automobiles ? :D

Welcome to the forum. I used to live in the lake Norman Area, Mooresville. Miss Big Daddy's Restaurant.

Also, Moorseville is a Nascar center......... which means getting your car fixed is very reasonably priced.

You have pens, and you have planes, but do you have a boat?!?!?!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I really enjoy pen making! Unfortunately, I've been unable to find a venue to sell my work in the past year. Hopefully, I'll be able to line some craft fairs up this Fall season.
Your work is outstanding, and like you, it took over 2 years to perfect my CA finish technique. Wish you all the best Yorkie.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS