Hello from Knightdale

sean10780

New User
Sean
Hello All from Knightdale. I stumbled onto this forum in a search for some good dust collection and a table saw. I have been woodworking as a hobby since around 2016. I built a small shop in 2017 and have been at it since then. I plan on expanding my shop this month and will hopefully be upgrading some of my tools.

1. Table Saw Ridgid R4513 - Looking to upgrade to either Harvey or Sawstop soon
2. Miter saw: Ridgid R4221
3. Dust Collector: Rocker 650cfm : Looking to upgrade most lily to a Oneida Supercell due to it's size and suction, I thought about doing some custom stuff with a Habor Freight 2HP dust collection, but not sure I want that hassle.
4. Bandsaw: Harvey Ambassador C14
5. Ridgid Planner R4331

Various other hand tools mostly made by Ridgid due to their lifetime warranty.

Does anyone have thoughts on choosing either a Harvey or Sawstop table saw or thoughts on the Supercell?

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Does anyone have thoughts on choosing either a Harvey or Sawstop table saw or thoughts on the Supercell?

I'd go with Sawstop just for the safety features, they are good saws but the added safety to me makes them worth their weight in gold. All it takes is .1 second of mistake and you can loose a finger or worse, wish Sawstop would license out the tech to other companies.

sean10780

New User
Sean
I'd go with Sawstop just for the safety features, they are good saws but the added safety to me makes them worth their weight in gold. All it takes is .1 second of mistake and you can loose a finger or worse, wish Sawstop would license out the tech to other companies.
Thanks for the tip, was thinking the same thing, the price is about $1,000 more for the tech but it might be worth it in the long run with doctor bills and stuff. I know when SawStop first started, they tried to license the tech but no one would bite on it. I too wish they did.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Welcome Sean. You will like it here.

If you have the money the Sawstop safety feature is nice to have. However, both saws are winners.

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Harvey includes more on their base model. (HP, table size, overhead DC). If you are considering a 3 hp Harvey, look at the 4 hp. For 200 bucks more you get the dovetail trunnion (and another horse).

sean10780

New User
Sean
Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Harvey includes more on their base model. (HP, table size, overhead DC). If you are considering a 3 hp Harvey, look at the 4 hp. For 200 bucks more you get the dovetail trunnion (and another horse).
yeah, this is the one I was looking at: ALPHA HW110S-36P&52P 10" 4HP Dovetail Cabinet Table Saw – Harvey Woodworking I know the prices change every few days, but it's about a $400 difference but more HP from Harvey, which also includes dust collection and that Mitre gauge looks top of the line.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Welcome Sean, lived in the Knightdale/Wendell/Zebulon are most of my life, could drive down 64 (Knightdale Blvd now) and tell you what everything used to be...mostly trees.

sean10780

New User
Sean
Welcome Sean, lived in the Knightdale/Wendell/Zebulon are most of my life, could drive down 64 (Knightdale Blvd now) and tell you what everything used to be...mostly trees.
yeah most of the shopping centers were just built or being built when I moved out this way. I previous lived in Holly Springs from 2004-2007 and that area has also changed since I lived there.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS