Hello from Greensboro

Slowbad

New User
Steven
Hey all,

I've been woodworking on and off for a few years. Started at The Forge in downtown Greensboro then bought a house last year and the garage there is starting to look more and more like a wood shop every month. Currently using a mostly hand tool approach but I'm looking to get a planer and a bandsaw to help with a lot of the grunt work. I resawed some 5" wide walnut boards with a handsaw recently and I'd prefer to not have to do that again as it drains a lot of the fun out of the hobby.

I'm also spending time looking at dust collection for the power tools I do aim to use. If anyone has particular brands or models to recommend for this I'd be greatful. I just read Bill Pentz's writing on the topic and I want to make sure I'm covered once winter rolls around and it becomes less tenable to have the garage door open while working with any power tools.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Welcome to the Forum, Steven

Do not hesitate to ask any questions or advice. We are a helpful bunch

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
Welcome ! As for dust collectors it depends of course on your preferred setup, tool demand and shop size. Can't go wrong with 5hp Oneida or Clear Vue brands but that may be overkill depending on your needs but would support any hobbyist shop/demand. On the low end the 2hp Harbor Freight many people like and modify and Rockler has some decent stuff with great accessories.

gamiller3rd

Pappy
Senior User
You’re at the right spot, welcome. I doubt anyone here will offer any opinions on woodworking though LOL

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Steven,
I thought I welcomed you, but our conversations were more specific.

There are as many opinions as members, everyone is helpful either to bolster your knowledge or simply provide options.

So ask your questions, post some pictures (we love pictures) and join the NCWW conversation!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS